Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siltharan
Officer

re: Halloween Concert and Encore Results

Well, that was exciting! I think we would've been better off outside the Burrow to begin with, as not many seemed to travel up the hill to the campfire. But at least we made some people happy!

Things weren't perfect, and nobody should've expected them to be, for it being our first time out in public with our instruments and meager beginning-musician talents on display. I may have gotten a little frustrated/embarrassed at the start of our concert and encore (Sorry, Bri and Krohkur!), but I recognize it's definitely a learning experience. The audience loved our music, and even knew what some of the songs were! That means we at least did a good enough job of making our random notes sound like something recognizable. ;)

Thanks to Briallan, Brytford, Dendroc, Krohkur and Raventrick for playing tonight, and Hobbelion, Trower and others for showing up to support us. You all are rockstars! We'll keep you posted on what comes next for the band... And we're always recruiting! Also, keep watch for some screenies/video of the concert soon.

Briallan
Officer

It wasn't my fault -- the valve on my clarinet got stuck!  OK, I'll fix it for next time.

Brytford enjoyed playing with you guys, he doesn't get out much otherwise.

All the comments from the crowd (well, all the ones that reached me anyway...) we're positive. Though we do need to reinforce our name recognition a bit (one variation I heard from the crowd was "The Remedials" ...)

All in good time...

Ice Weasel

It was called "Geez, Krohkur, quit trying to line up video shots and hit the right song and instrument BOTH, okay??!" 

Had a great time!  Frankly, we transitioned from one song to the next a LOT smoother than I've seen a lot of bands that have been around a while. Great job, everybody!

Now... how to get a sixteen piece big band together.... hmmmm...

Out of town until Friday night. See everyone then!

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Trower

You guys really did well. I was proud to be Courserrim! 

Posted a couple of pics in the gallery.

Gilhilde

I really wanted to attend, and then I forgot! Aargh! The songs you picked sounded really cool for Halloween, and I am so sorry I missed it.

I wouldn't worry about little glitches in the performance. Every concert I've played in we have had problems, sometimes pretty major ones, lol. It happens.  Anyway congrats on your first show! May there be many more!

Hobbelion

Yeah, it all worked out. One lesson I guess we can learn is to go to where the people are instead of making them come to where we are. I notice a lot of people tend to have concerts just outside of the Pony as opposed to the official stage as it is much more visible as you come up both sides of the road. I don't have the habit of looking at the stage to see if anyone is playing as I pass by, but I can't miss the group outside the entrance unless I'm really not paying attention.

I got Songbox and Maestro working and have some tunes I want to see if I can test out and incorporate it. I might have a few before band practice ready to go and I'll look through all of your dropboxes to see what you got already up.

Briallan
Officer

Yes, good points, Hobbs -- I'm sure we will learn other lessons as well as we move forward!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: