Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ice Weasel

re: First Video Game Theme Concert ..er.. video.

Here is the video for the first Video Game Theme Concert, Friday, November 15, 2013, outside the Prancing Pony, Bree-town.

http://youtu.be/Z-082UVlEoA

(It should be uploaded and processed within half an hour of this post.)

What did we learn? 

1) It can be disconcerting to set up where NPCs (like poor, suffering Nob) end up walking through you as you play.  Not between musicians, literally THROUGH them.

2) Griefers think it great fun to interfere with people RPing or trying to play in a band concert. The best thing to do is ignore them, which is also the hardest thing to do. 

3) If you ignore them, they tire of the game and you can continue un-interrupted.

4) I still need practice in shooting video so that my UI doesn't show up, and some way to frame the group better. Still, turned out fairly well, I think.

5) The area outside the Pony is busy on weekend nights.

Sadly, I didn't get video of the Graduation Party. Spaced it out until more than half-way through, then there wasn't the opportunity to set it up. If anyone has video and/or screenies from the Graduation Party, especially when Professor Clayton came to visit, I would love copies to make into an archive of the event. Credit will be given, of course.

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Briallan
Officer

Thanks for the video, Krokhur! Yes, we learn new lessons from each concert, thanks for compiling them to help remind us of stuff we might do better in the future. I noticed that the Nob is coming and going up the steps of the Prancing Pony, so at least we know his path now :)

Last edited by Briallan on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dendrolis

Maybe have an alt or something if you have another computer so that you don't have to worry about it during the concert?  Just a thought.

Jump to: