Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briallan
Officer

re: Band Meetup Agenda for Sunday Dec. 8

Activity for this Sunday's meetup will include:

• final arrangements for upcoming Tuesday concert in Bree
  • play-test Yuletide Festival songs

We've already play-tested songs for the upcoming rock concert, so we can probably concentrate mostly on play-testing songs for the upcoming Yuletide festival -- we have plenty of stuff already due to diligent efforts by our arrangers!

Meetup will be at the usual time/place (see Calendar). As always, anyone is welcome to stop by at the meetup, including anyone interested in getting involved in the band (yes, we are always recruiting!). If anyone else has proposed activity for the meetup, please post here or bring it up at the meetup.

Sometime Sunday morning, I will collect all yuletide songs from the various dropboxes into a single folder so you only have to download them from one place, and post the link on this thread.

Siltharan
Officer

I hope to have my final edits on my Yule songs done tomorrow. I'll be working Sunday until the meeting starts, so I may come late, or not at all. Depends on what I've got going on.

Briallan
Officer

As for finalizing the set list for the Tuesday concert -- we may only get to the first (50s to 70s) of the two planned rock concerts before the holidays. The setlist I am proposing for the first concert is (songs in chronological order):

• Summertime Blues 1:55
  • I'm Looking Through You 2:40
  • Don't Fear the Reaper 4:09
  • Peace of Mind 4:57
  • Beast of Burden 4:07
  • Just What I Needed 2:27
  • Message in a Bottle 4:12

First encore: Dancing Queen 3:52
Second encore: Hotel California (7-part) 6:35
Special encore (only on request for that specific song): Freebird 7:07

I have redone Freebird and Reaper to account for suggestions at the last meetup.

The total runtime for the above set is just under 25 minutes, not counting breaks between songs and not counting encores, so the main concert should run .. 30 minutes?

Does this sound reasonable?

Ice Weasel

Yes, looking good!

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Briallan
Officer

Hey, y'all been busy! We have 19 holiday songs already produced by our arranger crew! -- let's see how many we can get thru at the meetup tonite. I have collected them all into one dropbox folder, so band members attending the meetup tonite can download them all from a single location.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: