Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ice Weasel

re: Krohkur's Odd Dream

I've spoken of it to some people (but not many). I don't want it to leak to other band groups before we can do it.  Here is my whacked idea:

I want to recreate a certain scene from a movie, in the game, using ABC band music. No, not one of the LOTR movies. No, not a Hobbit movie. The movie I have in mind is: Blazing Saddles by Mel Brooks.  (If you don't know it, treat yourself to watching it at least once. There are so many really great jokes, and one of the most juvenile, tasteless scenes in American Cinema. It's dated, but watch it understanding that racial equality was a huge issue of the day, with society "waking up" to the problem, after a long civil rights struggle. A lot of the movie has themes that speak to how everyone would say one thing and practice another. Truth often lies under the joke in comedy. ... Anyway, I digress.)

In particular, there is ONE scene I think is a wonderful joke, and CAN BE RECREATED (for the most part) in game.  

Here's the scene: http://youtu.be/N2xYaL_Mheg

The band is the Count Basie Orchestra, the cowboy is the new sheriff, played by Clevon Little. The music (and this is important) is the Basie signature tune "April in Paris". 

I have the midi. I have trimmed the midi to the reprise that's used in the movie. I've been working on scoring it down to a workable number of parts.

I want to set this up, probably somewhere in the Lone Lands for the look and being able to take our low level alts there, and vidcap it. Then I'll edit it to follow the movie edits, then post it to YouTube. 

Why? Because it would be funny!

Who's with me? (I'll even throw in some black tuxedo-looking outfits....)

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Briallan
Officer

re: Krohkur's Odd Dream

Ah, checked out the video and finally figured out what this was all about! I discussed this with Ringo and Siggarek, and they are up for it. Bryt wasn't wild about leaving Bree, but I told him there might be beer, so he decided to come along as well. So, you have four more musicians for your little plan :)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: