Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briallan
Officer

re: Music and Parts for gig at KWL tonight (Sun. Dec. 15)

Hey band members:

Here is a link to the songs for this evening's set. The list of songs and who plays which parts is in the File Library of our website's Gallery (12_15_setlist.xlsx). Please check this list and verify that there are no mistakes regarding your characters (e.g., you are listed twice for some song, or for an instrument you can't play). Note I do NOT expect to play the final two songs -- they are only for "if requested" -- as encore numbers. Prolly we won't have time anyway, as concert needs to end at 9PM. A yellow highlight on the setlist indicates that you have to change instruments for that song.

Based on responses so far, I am expecting the following band members to play: Briallan, Brytford, Ringolion, Hobbelion, Hobbedoc, Krokhur and Dendroc. If any of you can't make it tonite, please let me know ASAP. If any other band members not on this list wish to play, let me know and I can adjust the parts.

Gig is at Knights of the White Lady kinhouse in the Bree Homesteads at 830 PM server time. Address is 1 High Road, Highdore (it's on the calendar as well)

Last edited by Briallan on Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ice Weasel

Well organized, that girl!

I'll download the files and the setlist this afternoon. 

I'm trying to be a good dwarf and finish editing the 12/10 concert video and edit the Housewarming video. (I-won't-get-distracted-I-won't-get-dis-... Oooh! A Mannheim Steamroller Christmas show!... )

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Ice Weasel

Actually... for song 10, Hallelejuh Chorus, you have me playing Clarinet and Bagpipe-Strings. That one needs looked at. 

Otherwise, the list looks good!

Ice Weasel

Oh, and the address for the gig is:

1 High Road, Highdore, Bree

Briallan
Officer

Ice Weasel wrote:

Actually... for song 10, Hallelejuh Chorus, you have me playing Clarinet and Bagpipe-Strings. That one needs looked at. 

Otherwise, the list looks good!

Well, actually, that wasn't the only mistake .... :( 

OK, new version uploaded as of 2:34 pm server time.

Ice Weasel

heh.. still... better than not having it at all. And little things, being little, can be fixed.

Thanks, Bri!

Hobbelion

A bit off topic, but I wonder if it is possible to develop a program that will automatically fill the slots for us with the least amount of changing. We would just enter the band member and their instruments, our setlist and its order, and the instruments in the song. If there's a way for a program to pull out instrument information from an ABC and store information into a program of our instruments capabilities, then I don't see why it couldn't be done.

I used to study programming, but not anymore so I don't know how to code it, but I can come up with ideas of how I would code it. It might be more work than help, but thought it might be a fun challenge. :)

Briallan
Officer

Actually, haha, I was thinking today when I was creating the setlist that I should just write  a program that would do it for me! ... but I didn't think of taking it to the idea of assigning parts .. I was thinking of just getting the songs and instruments so I could fill in the parts by hand....

one thing that makes it tricky is that I try to minimize the part changes for the people who are multiboxing as a priority, though I also try to minimimize it for others as well .. I CAN write it, just need to find the time, and figure out how complicated to make it.

Siltharan
Officer

Soo... How was it?? :D

Ice Weasel

Siltharan wrote:

Soo... How was it?? :D

Sensational!

Went really well. Couple of uncontrollable things (like one alt taking a vacation), but the performance was a smashing success.

Ask Bri about the money... I was floored.

Siltharan
Officer

Being floored is no different from normal, you drunkard!

Briallan
Officer

Regarding the compensation for our performance, you should ask Lampedas to check his mail -- I think he'll be pleasantly surprised :)

Siltharan
Officer

I do believe he's resting after his late-night meal. But tomorrow, in between first and second breakfast, I'll make sure he takes a look!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: