Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ice Weasel

re: Sunday Meetup 1/5/2014

We may use this Sunday to prep for Winterstock, but I want to get this posted (before I forget...)

Here is a link to the Motown stuff for the first Middle-Earth Motown concert. DROPBOX: http://bit.ly/KrSWIR

EDIT (Briallan): the above link doesn't work for me, but here is another link to the same content: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qtdsank13wfq4c1/Un9aNMAEcL/MEETUP20140105

The set list is here:  http://bit.ly/1fZEfHb

I need to settle on which version of "Dancing in the Street" to do, so for now download both and we'll work it out.

Now, the when and where... I am clueless. Maybe do this in the neighborhood of the Courserrim House? Either at the Courserrim stage or at that marvelous huge performing area in the middle of the neighborhood?  The when is the other thing. With Winterstock coming, do we want to do this before that?

I have a second concert worth of Motown that is really built for a Valentines Day concert, or near... TONS of Motown is love-romance based... great stuff.  Anyway, I'd like to do the first Motown concert before we get to the valentines stuff. 

I'm wide open to ideas.

Last edited by Ice Weasel on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:32 pm; edited 3 times in total

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Briallan
Officer

I think that your songs are sort of high priority to test play at meetup, since we will likely perform some of them at several of our upcoming concerts and I'm not aware that anyone else has new stuff ready to go right now.

I am up for performing up in Thorin's Gate for a change of venue. We would just need to advertise in advance where we will be playing and make sure people know how to get there.

Ice Weasel

I've corrected the URLs in the original post in this thread.

As of 3:33PM Servertime (Eastern), those links are good, and locked in for tonight.

Added are four Everly Brothers tunes, we will be picking three of them for upcoming Tribute mini-sets in concerts, to pay homage to Phil Everly, who passed away this weekend.

If folks listed on the Set List spreadsheet can't make the meet-up we will assign backups to those slots. My goal is that player's Main characters get a slot, then after all Mains, alternates are slotted in. We can certainly swap Mains back in for Alternates at concert time.

Speaking of which... Ideas for when we hit Middle-Earth with Motown? As for where, I'm looking at The House of the Courserrim or that great hulking performance area in the center of the neighborhood there. Something different. Lag in Bree continues to be an issue for many.

Briallan
Officer

Well, I told Les Beaux Chapeaux that we could guest anytime, so we might possibly playing with them next sunday (the 12th). And the weekend after that is Winterstock, where we will play on Monday (20th), and maybe Sunday (the 19th) though I am waiting for the LBC bandleader to get back to me whether they want us to do the Sunday date or not. So I would recommend some dates other than those to avoid double-booking us. My schedule is currently such that I could play anytime, so it comes down to when other people are available/interested.

Raventrick

re: Tonight's Meetup

Back from vacation. See you all tonight.

Briallan
Officer

Welcome back! Hope you had a fun time!

Ice Weasel

Try:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5jmifuz5y36oyb/eVE85VfvS5

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: