Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Siltharan
Officer

re: Songlist (UPDATE 10/30)

Oy... wish there was a way to trim down an ABC without annoying text file editing or having to go back to the MIDI. I don't have the MIDI anymore, and I've tried a couple different methods (including ABC to MIDI, then Anvil Studio, then back... didn't work out) with no luck. I need to trim the 3:23 Sarajevo down to 3:11 to avoid some unnecessary notes. May just upload the swap from 2nd lute to bags and forget about trimming it.

Briallan
Officer

Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien, mon ami :)

Ice Weasel

I've been slow....

I have, in my dropbox, a new folder: MIDI 2B Transcribed

In there, I currently have two folders: Chanukah and Secular

There are LOTS of MIDI files in both; PLEASE feel free in grabbing any you want to transcribe.  I'm not sure what my time will look like between now and Sunday.

I do have three done, but it looks like we may be on the same page a bit: in my dropbox Holiday folder:

LittleXmasVG (Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas) - Jazz Orchestra arrangement... Needs help. currently 8 parts, needs serious volume work.

Sleigh2G - VERY jazzy version of "sleighride" (7 parter) 

wntrwndr - Winter Wonderland. 5 parts, kind of "high and light" with flute "vocal" line and strings/drum.

Silth, you are correct that the "Ukranian Carole of the Bells" is the foundation for Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "Sarajevo"".

So many versions of some really great pieces... might be worth trying to listen to a lot, and discuss on Sunday. We're going to run into this a lot, especially with Holiday music: There are only so many songs out there, mostly just different arrangements of the same handful.

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Ice Weasel

Also now in my Holiday folder:

Cold_Outside (Baby, It's Cold Outside) 7 parts

RestYeSamba7 7 part samba arrangement of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

SantaBaby7  (7 parts) 

XmasPlsCmHome (Christmas- Baby, Please Come Home) 8 parts (damned Phil Spector harmonies... The second Lute part could be dropped... its' the Tubular Bells in the original)

I've also tried to play with doing full 16 part versions of some things... Maestro will let you set 16 parts, but won't play more than 14, and the stand-alone player chokes at 15 parts, too. Don't know yet if we can do them in game... Raids can go 16 people, I'd think so... but. Might be worth trying, if we could ever round up that many players/alts.

Briallan
Officer

We already have enough Yuletide songs to playtest for Sunday (a dozen or more already), so no one really needs to push themselves to create more if they are busy with other stuff.

The way I sort of envision this playing out is that we will have a bunch of Yuletide songs ready to perform after this Sunday's meetup, and so we can do a first holiday concert anytime after that. IF band members are not already tired of holiday music after a first concert, we can playtest more Yule songs on following meetups (Dec. 15 and 22) and then do additional concerts after that -- it's just a question of how much collective interest there.

One thing I plan on doing, now that I've done some 6-parters, is to try to find some songs I can arrange for smaller groups (maybe 4 people max), so the more frenzied of us can play them on a more impromptu basis -- however, so far, the stuff I've found and wanted to do has just seemed to call for a larger ensembles.

Briallan
Officer

Ice Weasel wrote:

I've also tried to play with doing full 16 part versions of some things... Maestro will let you set 16 parts, but won't play more than 14, and the stand-alone player chokes at 15 parts, too. Don't know yet if we can do them in game... Raids can go 16 people, I'd think so... but. Might be worth trying, if we could ever round up that many players/alts.

Dude, I got MY four alts ready :) Seriously, to do this, we need to recruit more kin members to build our pool of potential rock stars. Also, IF we get close to ever having that many, we can check in with the Lonely Mountain Band guys to see how they handle it -- I've seen them run pretty large bands.

Briallan
Officer

BTW, just found out that we already missed Hanukkah -- it ended December 5.

Ice Weasel

Yeah...Hanukkah started the same day as the USA Thanksgiving this year. The two calendars are... WIDELY disparate.

Next year they are close together, and again two years later:

Hanukkah 2014-2017

• 2014:   December 16-24
  • 2015:   December 6-14
  • 2016:   December 24-January 1
  • 2017:   December 12-20 

All the various spellings are okay, too. Most of us don't have a Hebrew keyboard, so we are using approximations of the phonetics.

Ice Weasel

From now on, ignore ANY links of mine, EXCEPT the one in the first post of this thread.

I've reorganized my Dropbox, so that link will take you to the root of my music folders. Inside that, there are folders for: ConcertReady, MidiSources, NotAuditioned, and Performed. 

If I need to mount a folder for songs for a Meet-Up on January 12, for example, look in "NotAuditioned"/"Meetup20140112".  Once those songs have been tested, they will move to ConcertReady (which is where I'll put full playlist folders I am responsible for, as well). Once played, they go to Performed so people can pull them back up later.

This way, I won't need to post new links, and they won't go wonky. 

Thanks!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: