Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> The Kinship Crier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siltharan
Officer

re: Take the Sapience to Isengard!

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?537901-Take-the-Hobbits-to-Isengard - What do you say we try to have a good presence as a kin at this event, whenever the Landroval one is scheduled?

Can you get the Hobbits to Isengard? Even if they’re level 10? I’ve rolled up 29 new Hobbits, one per server, and I’m issuing a challenge. Get my Hobbits to Isengard!
The night before each challenge I’ll announce which server is being challenged. Gather your friends and allies and see if you can take the Hobbits to Isengard! Any level can participate in protecting the Hobbits on the journey.

To make things a bit more interesting, feel free to roll up your own Hobbit to level 10 and see how many of us each server can keep alive all the way to Isengard!
The entire event will be live streamed (http://www.twitch.tv/turbine_sapience) so you can check up on other servers and see how far they get. Or see how badly they fail.

During the stream you can ask questions or just hang out. Anything I can answer I will. You can even ask for specific devs to drop in and chat during other challenges. Be aware, they’ll be chatting in the stream, but may not be playing. So I encourage everyone to have at least a decent set of ear buds nearby. Also, dev time is valuable so we may not be able to get the dev you want when you want, but I’ll do my best.

Here’s how it works

• The day before the challenge, I’ll announce the server chosen at random and the time the challenge starts.
  • The challenge starts at the milestone outside The Prancing Pony in Bree.
  • Each server is allowed two tries during the live stream. If my Hobbit is defeated he’ll reset to the milestone outside the Prancing Pony and you’ll need to start again. After the second defeat occurs, the challenge is over and the group has failed.

Important details

• My Hobbit will be on foot. No mounts.
  • Because a level 10 Hobbit isn’t much of a fighter past certain areas, my Hobbit will /follow one person the group designates. Make sure it’s someone who knows the way!
  • GM’s will be notified prior to each event. So anyone with plans to grief, harass, or otherwise make trouble during the event should be aware the GMs are on call and watching the stream. So even if I miss it, they probably won’t. The idea here is to have FUN!
  • Every server will get a chance to try and get the Hobbits to Isengard. Time will be the ranking method. The fastest time gets the top slot.
  • An official leaderboard thread will be created and all official times and success/failure information will be posted there.
Ashigaru Trecalia

To help figure out what legs your characters would likely be able to help out in, I think the most likely route to take would be the following. Starting in Bree, take the road into the Lone-lands, past the Forsaken Inn and Ost Guruth, and into the Trollshaws. From the Trollshaws, there's a route that will take you near Gwingris into Eregion. This is a pretty massive level spike. The road starting at Gwingris would go past Echad Eregion to around Echan Dunann in the south near the Walls of Moria. Obviously, a L10 Hobbit isn't going into Moria, so instead you'd go south from Echan Dunann into Enedwaith. Enedwaith had a road past Lhanuch going south into Dunland. I'd guess they'd take the Bonevales route to follow the road instead of cutting through the forest, although swimming the river could work. Either way, best nav point would be from Galtrev. Assuming they go through Galtrev, the next place they need to get is the Gap of Rohan. I think the Gravenwood route would be shorter. Then get to Forthbrond, then to Grimbold's Camp, and from there it's a straight shot to Isengard with just the final burst of half-orcs and Uruks in the way. I hope they don't intend to make us also fight the trolls at the gate (though if they do and you're Level 75, there is a deed for killing them - you get 5 TP and the title Gatecrasher)

This really makes me want to link a certain 10hr video..... ;)

Ice Weasel

Gilrain server has been chosen as the first server to try the challenge to get the Hobbits to Isengard!

The Live stream will start at 2:30PM Eastern US Time (Server time), FRIDAY, January 10.

Follow it here: http://www.twitch.tv/turbine_sapience  

(That's the Live Stream address)

(Posting this so that if people want to watch the stream to see how Gilrain does it, here's the opportunity.)

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Mirubea

I'm in! I only hope I am available when it happens... :(

Ice Weasel

New Twitch address for all future LOTRO streams: 

http://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> The Kinship Crier All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: