Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briallan
Officer

re: Band Meetup for Sunday, February 9

Sunday is our last meetup before the Vday concert. Is set list final? If not we can go over it at meetup. If it is, maybe we don't need to meet -- or we could meet and discuss other issues (like the march concerts for LMB). If set list isn't final, I have one more ... possible ... song -- heaven on earth.abc (Brenda Carlisle song) in my test folder

Ice Weasel

I've got a pile of Valentines stuff (new since the last meet-up) in "New Valentines Possibles", too.

If people are content with listening out of game, then discussing so we can set the set list for the 14th by, say, Wednesday, I'm cool with that. 

Otherwise we best try them, or at least some.

Bri, I'll stick a copy of your "heaven on earth" in there, too. 

So... what's people thinking tonight? Meet? No? Try the new? Stay with the old?

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Siltharan
Officer

It's really up to you guys. I can make it regardless, and would enjoy playing some music, but if you've decided on a setlist already then that's fine as well. Sorry for stepping back a bit as far as music goes, but hopefully I'll find the motivation to do more LOTRO-based stuff after work tomorrow. :)

Ice Weasel

Besides "Heaven on Earth", I'd like to try these in-game:

• If Tomorrow Never Comes (slower)
  • I Think I Love You  (yes, those who lived in the 70's, or who has seen the reruns, this is the Partridge Family hit. It's fun, between the harpsichord and big bass horns.)
  • Something (tempo?)
  • Sunshine of My Love (9/cowbell)
  • Valentine (slower)
  • Walking on Sunshine (8/cowbell)
  • Walk On By (Slower)
  • What Love Is (Slower)
  • Without You (Slower)
  • You'll Never Find (Jiggy/Hoppy)

Maybe save the <7 songs for the LMB gigs? 

I'm not going to try to assign parts until we know who is coming for sure.  We can wing it for the rehearsal... mostly just an audition of the arrangements, anyway.

"Sunshine of My Love" and "Walking on Sunshine" are sort of experimental. I think I've gotten the knack of how to add cowbell into songs. 

Briallan
Officer

OK, I will be there and bring all my alts (so that is ... six musicians): Briallan, Andilras, Siggarek, Brytford, Radgallac and Ringolion. You and Silth are coming so that would be 8. Other people who haven't posted on this thread may well show up as well. So, maybe an hour of so before  meetup you could assign parts based on best info you have at that point and then we can reslot people around as needed?

Hobbelion

I'm coming and so is Hobbedoc.

Ice Weasel

okay... I'll whack something together for that new folder.  

That's cool, as there is one 10 parter I REALLY want to do. LOL

I'll upload the Excel file... um, someplace. Maybe put it on Google Docs.

I'll post when it's up.

Briallan
Officer

Here is a link to the folder of ABCs that Krokur referred to earlier in this thread.

Last edited by Briallan on Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ice Weasel

Here's the sheet.  Not highlighted for changes, I tried to keep alts on the same instruments.

Briallan
Officer

Here is my feedback on songs from last night. Of the new songs we did, I think these songs worked the best:

• heaven on earth -- gee, who did that song? I forget....
  • I ran
  • I think I love you -- I think it's sort of funny and upbeat
  • if you leave me now
  • sunshine of my love9 -- I think we should do the 9-part cowbell version if we do this song
  • walk on by
  • what love is
  • without you
  • hold your hand -- but I think needs some adjustment; there are places where the vocal is overshadowed by the background parts
  • taste of honey -- don't remember if we played this or not last night (I listened to the abc)

Based on responses at meetup, we have as available for the concert 12 musicians: hobbelion, hobbdoc, sitharan, ashigaru trecalia, krokhur, raventrick, briallan, brytford, andilras, radgallac, ringolion and siggarek. So, we should have no problems doing any of the proposed songs.

Ice Weasel

Okay, they didn't fix the forum problems I have.. *sigh* Bear with me, I'll try to post before the page refreshes again. (I get a refresh every 30 seconds or so, so now I write in Notepad and paste it into the forum editor.)

Noted the suggestions.  I think we may want to hold "Taste of Honey" for one of the LMB events, it's more generic.

I've made some changes based on what you posted above, Bri. I'll put a proposed final set list over in the other thread, (Valentines Day Concert), to keep in one place.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: