Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briallan
Officer

re: Extra Band Meetup - Thursday or Friday?

As I found out yesterday, some of my most recent arrangements are pushing up against the capabilities of the in-game music system. I have maybe 12-15 new songs (or fixes of old songs) that I would like to test before playing them at our next concert which is this Saturday.

Could anyone show up for about an hour Thursday or Friday this week (maybe 8PM or 9PM EST) to test this last batch? Please let me know if this is possible for you (and if so, which day/time).

Ice Weasel

re: Band Meetup Thursday, March 13

I can be there for either.

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Ashigaru Trecalia

Shouldn't be a problem either day.

OK great! Will schedule for Thursday 9PM EST, so we can finalize the set and plans by Friday

EDIT: so, FINAL CALL for any song proposals for next concert is Thursday ... if we don't test it by Thursday night, it won't go into the show.

Ice Weasel

If you still need songs (not sure how much you want on hand... sounds like it may be a lot of playing while the detectives ... er.. play), I've got a pile. Some were auditioned for the Motown thing I never got around to organizing, a couple we used once, I think. Lots of them haven't been auditioned or performed yet.

Take any you want, I've noted the number of parts and the timings to help if you need some specific lengths.

In my dropbox: 

/Mystery Maybes:

• All That She Wants (6 parts) 2:43
  • Breezin' (5 parts)  4:51
  • Canteloupe Island (7 parts - with Cowbell!) 4:11
  • Dancing in the Street (8 parts) 2:52
  • DeLovely (4 parts) 2:38 
  • Drunken Lullabies (7 parts) 3:38
  • Eye in the Sky (7 parts) 4:23
  • Grapevine (7 parts) 3:29 
  • Green Onions (8 parts) 3:36
  • Jenny Was a Friend of Mine (5 parts) 3:43
  • Kinslayer (6 parts) 3:48
  • Pick Up the Pieces (7 parts) 4:19
  • Scarboro Jazz Fest (6 parts) 2:29
  • Smooth Operator (6 parts) 4:55
  • Take Five (5 Parts) 3:18
  • The Sign (6 Parts) 3:06

Under (inside) /NotAuditioned:

In /Blackmore's Night:

• Be Mine Tonight (9 parts) 2:44
  • Minstrel Hall (5 Parts) 2:34
  • Renaissance Faire (9 parts) 3:48
  • Writing on the Wall (7 parts) 4:30

In /LatinBeat:

• Barcelona (7 parts) 1:48 (I've been trying to identify this better so I can find a longer version, but it's hard to pin down.)
  • Black Orpheus (Manha de Carnaval) (8 parts) 3:01
  • Cumana (7 parts) 2:57

In /PopRock:

• Everybody's Talkin' (7 parts) 3:07
  • It's Raining Men (7 parts) 5:21
  • Right Now (6 parts) 4:54
  • Rock the Casbah (6 parts) 3:31
  • The Chain (9 parts) 4:28
  • There She Goes (7 parts) 2:36

Briallan
Officer

Green Onions is a great dance song (prolly dancing in the street too) but I have been shying away from including 8-parters ... you and I talked about having one guy as 'understudy' so if we do that, we have a maximum of 7 parts since we will have 8 musicians. Also we did Green Onions at Winterstock .. but that might be a good song to include in the encore section.

I like Raining Men and Rock the Casbah (though I wonder if there is a better midi for the second song) .. the main thing about some of the older  songs we did a long time ago is that we were not as sophisticated about volume balance as we are now ... I have been going thru my old 'dance' songs and redoing them with better volume balance. I think raining men would be good for the show, but I think it needs some work on volume... can't remember what the particular problem was, but i'll give it a listen again when I get the chance.

Also I will check out some of the other songs you mention before Thursday. Again the criteria I am mostly going by is does it make you want to jump up out of your seat and dance when you hear it!

Ashigaru Trecalia

If we've 8 players accounted for, then you can carry *some* 8 part pieces without concern. However, flag on the parts list which one can be dropped if (worst-case scenario) we need to. Also Bri (and Kroh if you want), if you install Mumble I can get you our server address. I can't register you on the server (barring the Prince's approval), but we could use the Friend rooms to make snap adjustments verbally.

Yes, will look at mumble -- even if it's only you and I using it, you can get my attention if I get off track-- I think we have one 8-part -- i don't think that arrangement has optional parts, but we can just kill it if someone is missing and we can't play it ... we will have plenty of other  songs for Saturday.

Final meetup before concert is still ON for tonite 9PM -- will post link to songs and parts in time to download before meetup.

Ice Weasel

Mumble... okay. I think I had that at one point. If not, I'll hunt it down and install. 

I'll likely be limited to listening, or VERY sparse comments. (I play in a room where there are always other people watching TV. No hope to change that in the foreseeable... )

(Wonder of wonders... the forums are letting me post today without refreshing every four seconds... Hooray!)

Briallan
Officer

Here is the link to the songs and the parts for tonite.

Ashigaru Trecalia

I was only thinking of it in terms of my calling out when we're ready or if there's a part I didn't see synch (or if we need to change songs/parts on the fly).

Awesome. Works for me! :-)

Briallan
Officer

Yeah, looking forward to trying this on Saturday...thanks for helping us set this up, Lady Ashigaru!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: