Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ehn Farad

re: Band request posted in the forums

I thought people May be interested in playing this show. :)

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?545947-Looking-for-a-band-for-Spring-Celebration

Briallan
Officer

re: Spring Celebration (May 3, 3PM EDT)

While we generally enjoy doing special events like these, we already have two possible concerts in early May at this point...

First, we have been asked by Windy Acres Ranch to do their Spring Racing Carnival and have more-or-less committed to doing that. The problem is that we don't have a date yet -- it's a multi-day event with multiple bands, and we don't know yet what weekend it is or which day we would be playing (Krohkur just brought this up in another post) -- all we know so far is that it's "early May"

Another issue is that a few weeks ago Krohkur and I had talked about doing a Cinqo de Mayo concert (for which we've already created all -- or least most -- of the music); if we do this, it would probably not be conflict as it's on May 5 (I guess....), though doing 3 concerts within the space of a week or so might be a little taxing... :)

Having said all that, I would be still OK with doing this if other people would like to do it, but only if we can get a date from Windy Acres Ranch soon so we know it doesn't conflict their event.

Ice Weasel

Windy Acres aside... until we can confirm a hard date anyway...

The actual 5th of May is a Monday, which is chock-a-block with music. (Ales and Tales not the least of it, usually now two or three groups perform by the Pony on Mondays).  The 3rd, the day for this fest, is a Saturday, which might not be bad.... I could see the May 5 music we've been putting together being used for that event. 

I don't know, just tossing out there that it might be possible to do this one, sort of killing 2 birds with one stone... or something.

I am on the Les Beaux Chapeaux schedule to do a guesting at their May 18th concert (10pm Servertime), but other than that, we seem open.... (reserving, of course the Windy Acres thing).

Okay, I'm repeating myself and blathering... bedtime! goodnight! LOL..

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Briallan
Officer

To summarize info from this and other threads:

Spring Racing Carnival is on the May 17th.

There is no strong feeling that we should do a Cinqo de Mayo show on May 5 due to lots of other events happening that day (a Monday). The Cinqo de Mayo music is, in fact, pretty dance friendly, so we could really do this music at any other concerts/events we play before or after this date.

So, it seems that we are free to do the May 3rd event.

EDIT: well I went ahead and sent her in-game mail saying we were available :) will update you all when/if I hear back.

Ehn Farad

I'm available any time that day.

Briallan
Officer

Heard back from the festival organizer, and we will be doing the event. So far no other bands have volunteered so it's possible we may be the only band, so we should be thinking in terms of at least 1 hour of music.

The organizer says 'laid back' in the post, but during our chat she(?) said she is specifically thinking classical music... Vivaldi's four seasons in particular is one piece she would like. As Krohkur has pointed out classical can be challenging without violins :) Still we have successfully done other baroque and romantic era stuff, so I think we can do this too :)

Ehn Farad

Exciting! I will snoop around and see if I have any suitable songs.

Ice Weasel

Hmmm... Laid back... I wonder if some of the latin beat jazz numbers fit that bill?  I think they might. 

After last night, I'm finding myself reconsidering a lot of assumptions in converting music.  That band playing the Bree stage in the Pony courtyard... DisEnchanted.... WOW! Incredibly good conversions and arrangements of lots of old school rock and other things, with just a simple trio: Drum, Theorbo and Bagpipe. I suspect some jiggery-pokery with the midi files themselves, but didn't get a chance to ask. I know Tromblon signed them to a guest shot at LBC's Sunday Night concerts for sometime in May, right there after listening a bit.  

Siltharan
Officer

Of course, this happens to be the weekend I'll be out of town -and- running another half marathon. >_<

Ice Weasel

Well, geez, Silth... run a full one, then you would have the day open instead of running the other half...

Huh? It doesn't work that way?  Whaddaya mean? 

Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Ice Weasel

Understandable, Cheerp!

Briallan
Officer

Primavera delle Quattro Stagioni è completo! Salve Antonio Vivaldi!

Link to ABCs

Well, needs some volume tweaking here and there, but it was interesting to try to do a violin concerto without violins....

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: