Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Coursehood and Kin Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Briallan
Officer

re: Kin Chests

Friday april 11 I will remove and sell any items in the kinchest that have been hanging around for a long time: please take what you can use now or in the future between now and that time.

We appreciate everyone's generosity in your donations, but if something has been hanging around for months, it's likely that people have taken all of it they need, or don't have a use for it themselves.

Briallan
Officer

Due to the generosity of Totes / Dannach / Kaelenea / Griffon / Samtal / Gyrefalcon / Branden, the kin chest now has 150 slots (up from 75), so be sure to thank ... umm ... them... if you meet one of them in-game!

So, even though we do not have any immediate shortage of space, I am still going to purge some items that have been around forever with no takers, and sell them at the auction house (proceeds to the kin treasury) this Friday. I would like people to get in the habit of visiting the kin house and taking stuff from the chest if they feel they can use it in the near future, and if stuff just sits there for months and months there is no motivation for people to do that.

I have noticed that crafting materials are particularly popular items, particularly things like jeweler and scholar goods where it is sort of hit-and-miss to try to farm them, but also logs, ores and hides, so if you have stuff beyond your needs and are thinking of dropping off your extras, I highly encourage you to do so!

Briallan
Officer

I am very pleased to announce that Myopique Spellmutterer has accepted the position of kin Chest Monitor (no jokes or puns please), whose responsibility is managing the contents of the kinhouse chest. The guidelines we are using for managing kinchest contents is:

• items likely to be of use to kin members will remain in the chest
  • items that don't appear to be useful to kin members, but are valuable, will be auctioned at Auction House with proceeds benefiting the kin treasury
  • items that are neither particularly useful or valuable will be sold to NPC vendors or thrown out

All of the above at the discretion of the Chest Monitor. One factor in determining if something is useful is whether it has hung around for months with no takers. So, the best way of not missing out on stuff you might want is to check out the chest contents periodically.

Jestro/Pinestro/knifesedge
Officer

I grabbed some Class Items for Diaspora and have dropped off class items I don't need. 

I also have a ton of jeweller and cook stuff (crafts that I don't follow) so I'll be dropping that stuff off soon to give myself some space in my own chests! Whatever doesn't get used I'm happy to be sold on for the benefit of the kin anyway.

Pin

Pinestro 100 Warden

Diaspora 100 Captain

Pinhealer Approaching 100 Minstrel

and many others...
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Coursehood and Kin Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: