Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Coursehood and Kin Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ice Weasel

re: Kin Chest Clean-Out

I have a crafting character in the Kin, and she is charged with the Kin Chest organization.  It's not been a huge thing since the chest got the huge expansion a while ago, but with the new folks coming, it needs a serious cleaning.

Please take what you want from the chest in the Kin House before the end of NEXT weekend. On Monday, June 23rd, I will remove a lot of items, auction them for coin, and send the proceeds to the Kin Banker, so it can be applied to House Upkeep, etc.

Class Quest "critter parts" will remain.  Consumables for levels up to 30 will remain. Cosmetics that are rare or hard to come by will remain (probably not the standard stuff you can get for a couple silver from vendors in the starter areas... those will likely go).  The Teal-level armour and weapons will be sold.

The focus of the chest will be to assist new characters/players with the more difficult items required or beneficial for game play up to about level 30. After level 30, it's probably better to use chat or the website to barter for  things you need, anyway.  And by barter, I mean ask, since most crafters are willing to make about anything, provided they have the materials.  

Anyway, I am announcing the clean-out a week in advance to give people a chance to grab what they want that will be removed to make room for new player items.

Thanks!

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Ice Weasel

That would probably have been my first thought, too.  Bri and I talked about it a bit, and I've come to think that, many (most) of the high-end things have been in the chest for a long time, and no one is taking them.  Better to make available all the little things we take for granted in the kin, the food and pots, tokens, that sort of thing.  Those are the things new folks won't have ready access to otherwise.

On the class quest items, absolutely, the third-stage rares (like the singular Carn Dum drops) are a priority to keep.  The other stuff can go in a hurry, though. I haven't done the class quests in a long time, but if I remember right, it takes a stack or ten or more of some of those critter parts. If there are ten characters trying to go through those quests, and are in classes that overlap the items, that's 100 needed. 

I'm more than open to suggestions, though.  The real key is to make the Kin Chest useful, not just a place to put stuff. It's great that people contribute the high-level Teal crafting crits, but if no one takes them to use, that space might be better off for something else. I'll take any ideas.  The chest ought to be a benefit for everyone, after all.

Jestro/Pinestro/knifesedge
Officer

I agree about the class items. They will be needed for newer players that stick around to the higher levels as well as existing players working towards 50.

Have you any objection to us putting new items in there that fit the bill for new players, Krohkur, like pots and maybe some crafted items?

Pinestro

Pinestro 100 Warden

Diaspora 100 Captain

Pinhealer Approaching 100 Minstrel

and many others...
Ice Weasel

I think those kinds of things would be good have in there, Pinestro.

We will need to let the new class know that the things are there, and available.  I suppose watching the "flow" from the chests after the class is around a bit (maybe two weeks?) will provide a better idea on what is good to stock. I think that the model of use will look like a bell curve graph, with the level of items moving to the right (to higher levels at the peak) over time.

Cheerp is right, those items (low level pots and food, for example) will stop being "in demand" after a week or so.  We can adjust the inventory then, again. One of the reasons I would put those things in the chest is part of learning the game; if people aren't MMO players, seeing that there is a system of "boosts and buffs" will be valuable to them.

I really haven't done a thing with the inventory in a long while; we have a ton of room, running low on space wasn't a threat. I just let the chest accumulate what was put in.  I want to be more proactive, now, as the new folk begin to arrive.

Ice Weasel

(bumping, sort of)

Don't forget to go through the kin house chest and take what you want. Monday is Auction Day!

There's also time to make a case for what to keep and what to remove... Again, my goal is to trim the contents so the chest helps the new folk coming with the class start, but I don't want to cripple it for others.

Ice Weasel

Chest is cleared.

Consumables are still in there, as are the class-quest critter parts, some cosmetics, craft materials, and recipes.

Removed:

• Drop armours for mid to high level *
  • Drop weapons mid to high level *
  • High Level Instruments *

*(Mostly, these are better to have custom made by Kin craftsmen)

If you are dropping things off, please concentrate on things for newer (lower level) characters.

Thanks!

Briallan
Officer

Yes, that sounds great! Thanks for doing this!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Coursehood and Kin Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: