Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> The Kinship Crier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briallan
Officer

re: Week 6 In-game assignment: Tag

Well, today we move into the 6th and last week of the Coursera Online Games course. The peer-assessed assignment for this week (which does not require any in-game activity) has recently been posted. In addition, the syllabus indicates that the in-game assignment for week 6 is to play tag.

There are actually two versions of tag implemented in LOTRO: one, which I might call ‘traditional tag,’ is the game where someone starts as ‘it’ and whoever he/she tags becomes ‘it’ .. etc. To play Tag, visit Tad Hollyway at the ruins overlooking the Hedge Maze, southeast of the Festival Grounds in Bree [25.6S, 50.9W] and activate the Tag Beacon.

The other game is ‘freeze tag’ where, once you are tagged, you become frozen until someone runs up to you and stands there long enough to unfreeze you (it takes a few seconds). The player who is ‘it’ can actually win the game by freezing all the players at the same time. To play Freeze Tag, visit Biddy Dogwort a short distance away to the east [26.2S, 49.7W], and activate the Tag Beacon.

I’ve added some times to play tag to the calendar .. basically I think it's more fun with more people playing at once, so I’d encourage you to try to make one of the scheduled sessions. I am not specifying which game of tag you should play (traditional or freeze tag). The syllabus seems to be referring to the ‘traditional’ game of tag, since it specifies the location of the traditional tag beacon [25.6S, 50.9W], but I really doubt whether the staff cares which version you play (last year, we just played both!).

This assignment is fairly easy to accomplish for several reasons:

• you only need two or three players to play, so it is easy to set up a game on short notice if you can’t make one the scheduled sessions;
  • there is no minimum time stated in the syllabus for how long you have to play, so if you are short on time or just not into it you can quit whenever;
  • there are no minimum experience levels your character must reach before they can play tag (well, you would need to be out of the intro, but that shouldn't affect anyone at this point)

Good luck!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> The Kinship Crier All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: