Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> The Memory Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briallan
Officer

re: The end of the course

This week we come to the end of the current session of the Coursera Online Games course, which many of us have been participating in. I would first like to thank all the students who chose to come to Landroval, join our community, and participate in distinction track of the course. And, of course, I would also like to thank the Community TAs, mentors, and all the others who helped with the various events that we’ve had over the last six weeks in connection with the course!

I’m sure many of you are wondering what comes next, both for yourselves and for our community. The community itself (which consists not only of the Courserrim kinship, but also our many friends in other kinships that we share activities with) will continue on, but we will return to our more normal activities now that the course is over. These consist of organized 6-person+ questing and raiding at all character levels, social events/parties, as well as the usual crafting, questing and deeding (both solo and in small pick-up groups) that is a big part of our usual LOTRO lives. We hope that many of you who joined our community at the start of the course will remain with us as we continue our journey thru LOTRO Middle Earth!

While the course was in session, many of our weekly events were influenced by the in-game assignments for the course, and were mostly organized by the community leadership, since many of us have been through the course before and knew what was expected of the course participants. Now that the course is over, we hope that ALL our kinship and community members will suggest ideas for future events – if there is something you think might be an interesting group quest or other activity, please suggest it to me or one of the officers, or even plan it and put it on the calendar yourself if you’d like!

Lastly, congratulations to everyone for making it through the sometimes intense experience of the last 6 weeks! I hope to continue to adventure with you all over the upcoming weeks and months!

-Briallan

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> The Memory Vault All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: