Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Questing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orchil

re: Feisty Fornost Parts I and II, Friday Sept. 12 & Saturda

Hello!

So, it looks like I'll be leading two ventures into the Fornost instances (Wraith of Water and Wraith of Earth). The one on Friday (9:00 PM /servertime) will be for the level 30 and over crowd. The second one, for the 70-80ish crowd will be on Saturday (5:00 PM /servertime). Both instances should take around two hours to complete, depending on how well the group does.

I recommend looking at this link for Wraith of Water: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Fornost:_Wraith_of_Water

Some things I've learned from Wraith of Water:

• The first boss (Zhurmat) can be almost impossible to kill if you don't have everyone else concentrate on killing his adds rather than him (excepting the tank, of course).
  • If you require yelling, shouting, speaking, singing in any of your skills, you're going to want to get out of the death water around the end. Keep on the platforms and jump from platform to platform to kill the boss. (You'll see what I mean when it gets there.)
  • In the very first part, make sure that you know what you're targeting, because you can aggro other groups as the well as the one your tank is targeting.

I recommend looking at this link for Wraith of Earth: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Fornost:_Wraith_of_Earth

Some things I learned from Wraith of Earth:

• Make sure to know what you're targeting. You can aggro other groups if you aren't careful, and then bring doom upon yourself.
  • Make sure to focus on the adds for the first boss (Warchief Burzghash), especially the archers who will try to kill the healer. If you are the tank, focus on Burzy.
  • At the final boss, make sure to watch out for troll adds and kill them and the boss as soon as reasonably possible, before you are full of trolls!

I look forward to seeing some of you guys there!

Ashireth

Thanks for scheduling this!  I've wanted to do these instances for a while, but haven't had a good time to lead them myself.

Two additional links that will help with understanding strategy in the wings.  These are from a kinship on my server alma mater Imladris, which gives me an odd sense of satisfaction...

Water Wing

Earth Wing

These do not cover any changes for T2 or challenge versions, but I assume we will be completing Fornost on T1, so those should not be an issue.

See you in Fornost!

-Caldimac

Orchil

Thanks for the additional information, Ashireth/Caldimac (Ashimac? Caldireth?) The Water Wraith is kind of hard if you're not ranged. I'm glad I don't have to be the tank. :P

Ashigaru Trecalia

Well, if the tank can get a sufficient threat advantage before the Wraith runs off, then you don't have to leave the platforms at all to chase and ranged attacks/force taunts from the tank are enough. I've done Fornost Water T2C once since the Great T2 Crisis (a bit overstated, but still quite a bit more challenging), and we don't leave the platforms at all for that.

Interesting. I might try that. But if you have melee DPS, it might still be tricky? Champs have bows, but burglars don't really have much in the way of ranged. We'll see what happens.

Orchil

I'm so sorry, guys! I have a family thing that came up, so we'll have to reschedule for either later tonight or tomorrow. Let me know what times will work for you! I'm thinking maybe seven in the evening tomorrow, but we'll see.

Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Questing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: