Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> The Kinship Crier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daffodilia

re: Two Map Deeds=20 Turbine Points in ten minutes + travel time

I just wanted t' pass along some news that some folk might not be aware of concerning an easy to earn TP for any character of any level post intro area, even if they are a pacifist RPed character.  No killing required.

Some folks might not know, but there are two Cartographer deeds in the game.  They are worth ten lemons (what I call Turbine Points because the icon looks like lemon slices to me) each.  You also get a title for each deed once completed, and a map of each region you complete for your own use.

The Dampdale Cartography Society, located at 2 Chalk Rd., Dampdale, Shire Homesteads has all the maps needed to finish the two deeds.  It's the first smial t' yer right when ya enter the Dampdale Gate.  There is a rental steed that goes from Michel Delving to the Shire Homesteads if you do not know the way, and no one is about to show you.  To leave, if you don't know the Shire well, look at your map (using M to toggle the map on and off) after you leave the Homestead to find your way back to Michel Delving, or port to a house or milestone.  If you are in the Homesteads, you'll get the Homestead map instead of the Shire Region map.  There is an inexpensive swift steed that anyone (regardless of F2P/Premie/VIP/Lifer) can take there from Thorin's Gate, West Gate of Bree, or Cellondim (sp?).

I have set the permissions there so anyone can "look" at the maps.  I will keep the permissions set this way until the night of August 2nd.

To look at the maps, enter the interior of the Society's kinhouse, and take down the maps one at a time that show they count towards the deeds when you mouseover them.  There are a few maps up that don't.  You can still look at them if you feel so inclined, they just won't count towards the two deeds.  I believe the only maps that don't count are Mirkwood, Moria and Eregion.

- When you are inside, toggle the "decoration" ability with the flowerpot icon found on your compass.  You will see a slight change in all the decorations ( a bit brighter than before, and some highlighted edges for any spot that doesn't have a decorations). 

- Then walk up to the maps you need, and click on them.  This will open the decoration management window.

- Double clicking on the map icon that will appear in the decoration window will put that map into your bag and you will see a banner stating "You have read/found/whichever the Map of X". 

- Then you double click it in your bag, and it will put it right back up on the wall. 

- Keep going around the entire kinhouse until both are done. 

If you stop mid way, and forget what you have looked at or not, go to your Deed log and check under the "Race & Social" tab.  You will find the two deeds there once you start them in the uncompleted list (there's a checkbox to toggle back and forth), and it will tell you which ones you still need or if you have finished one or both.

Two things I ask of you: 

1) When you finish each of the two deeds, you will get a "Map of Moria" and a "Map of Eriador" as a reward.  Keep them.  They are yours.  Please do not hang them on the wall and wind up accidentally taking one of the deed maps out with you.  (Some are hard to get in game via festivals due to how infrequently they are made available for trade.)

2) Please make sure before you leave that you have put back all maps that you looked at so others can do the same.  The only maps you should have in your bags are the Moria and Eriador maps.  If you have any others, just walk around until you find the wall spot that is empty and put it there.

So there ya go!  20 lemons, easy peasy.  I hope this helps folk who need the points!

Thanks for making this available!  This is one of the more difficult deeds to complete in the game given how infrequently some of those maps are available, so I love how you have put together a full collection of them to make it easy.  I will certainly be dropping by with all my characters. :)

M'lady Daffodilia, Please allow me to express my appreciation for the open house and use of your extensive collection of maps. As one who is only reluctantly leaving the Shire, getting a feel for the wide world beyond the Brandywine in a cozy smial rather than on the run as it were was a pleasant treat.

Einacar

P.S. Kindly forgive the ale ring on your study - on reflection, I might have been a bit too cozy...

Rayyanya

Thank you so much, Daffodillia!  What a lovely thing to offer us!  I just stopped by to admire your map collection and was quite impressed.  It made quite a Mark on me!

Daffodilia

I just wanted t' spread the word that the Dampdale Cartography Society has again set its maps for reading, and it will remain as such until the day after New Year's.  The address is 2 Chalk Rd, Dampdale, Shire Homesteads.  It's the first smial t' yer right when ya walk in the gate.  The point of reading the maps is to start/finish the two available Cartographile Deeds. worth 10 lemons (Turbine Points) each.

You may bring as many or as few alts of any trainings to read maps as you like, be they of any kin or unkinned.  Please note that this is not a public event, it's invite only. 

If you have not read maps before, this is how it works:

To look at the maps, enter the interior of the Society's kinhouse, and take down the maps one at a time that show they count towards the deeds when you mouseover them.  There are a few maps up that don't.  You can still look at them if you feel so inclined, they just won't count towards the two deeds.  I believe the only maps that don't count are Mirkwood, Moria and Eregion.

- When you are inside, toggle the "decoration" ability with the flowerpot icon found on your compass.  You will see a slight change in all the decorations ( a bit brighter than before, and some highlighted edges for any spot that doesn't have a decorations). 

- Then walk up to the maps you need, and click on them.  This will open the decoration management window.

- Double clicking on the map icon that will appear in the decoration window will put that map into your bag and you will see a banner stating "You have read/found/whichever the Map of X". 

- Then you double click it in your bag, and it will put it right back up on the wall. 

- Keep going around the entire kinhouse until both are done. 

If you stop mid way, and forget what you have looked at or not, go to your Deed log and check under the "Race & Social" tab.  You will find the two deeds there once you start them in the uncompleted list (there's a checkbox to toggle back and forth), and it will tell you which ones you still need or if you have finished one or both.

Two things I ask of you: 

1) When you finish each of the two deeds, you will get a "Map of Moria" and a "Map of Eriador" as a reward.  Keep them.  They are yours.  Please do not hang them on the wall and wind up accidentally taking one of the deed maps out with you.  (Some are hard to get in game via festivals due to how infrequently they are made available for trade.)

2) Please make sure before you leave that you have put back all maps that you looked at so others can do the same.  The only maps you should have in your bags are the Moria and Eriador reward maps.  If you have any others, just walk around until you find the wall spot that is empty and put it there.

So there ya go!  20 lemons, easy peasy.  I hope this helps folk who need the points!

GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Daffodilia

I just wanted t' remind folks that the Society will be lockin' the maps back up tonight.

If you missed their latest viewing, don't fret.  There will always be more.

Thankies t' everyone who stopped by!  The Society folks are always glad t' help other folks learn the wonderful hobby of map viewing.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: