Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briallan
Officer

re: Spring Racing Carnival info for band members

Hello Band Members!

Here is info about what will happen for the Spring Racing Carnival this Saturday (April 25).

The afternoon events which we will be a part of will occur at Hobnanigan's Field #2 which is located at [25.5S, 51.7W] – it's at the southern end of the Bree Festival Grounds.

All band members should at the field no later than 3:30PM, so we can raid up and discuss any last minute details.

Here is a rough schedule of events that we will participate in; all times below are server time – which is Eastern Daylight Time (EDT):

4:00 – 4:30 Post Parade (introducing the racers)

4:30 – 4:45 Race Preparations (racers are given instructions, take a pace lap, and line up at the start of the race; we will play “Call to the Post” as the racers line up)

4:45 – 4:50 The Race (we will play NO MUSIC during the race as this tends to cause lag for the riders)

4:50 – 5:00 Awards Ceremony

5:00 – 6:00 Concert (we play the first half of the concert; Old Winyards will play the second half from 6:00 – 7:00)

So, this means we will be playing for about two hours. However, the racing carnival involves a lot of people interacting with other in sometimes unpredictable ways, so please be prepared for some segments to take longer or shorter than expected, and to start earlier or later than what I have listed above.

We will be communicating with the other event staff on the backstage LOTRO user chat channel. Everyone doesn't need to be on this channel, but you're welcome to set it up and use it if you want to hear what is going on behind the scenes.

For the first part of the show (4:00 – 5:00), we will set up on the grass between the stages and the stone fence which runs along the north end of the Hobnanigans field. The racers will enter the field in the direction of the white arrow on the picture below. The crowd will probably be hugging the fence (in the area I've colored orange), so we will set up in the blue circle area so that we are not too away from the crowd:

At the north end of Hobnanigan's Field #2 looking south

For the second part of the show (5:00 – 6:00), we will move back a bit and set up on the stage itself (we'll use the western of the two stages – the one with the orange bunting). This way the audience can sort of crowd around the stage front, side or back as they wish and still see us easily.

The two stages at the north end of the field

We'll set up in two rows (see picture below) and we will keep this formation whether we are on the grass or the stage. The people in the back row will be on horseback (the basic idea is that singers and shorter people are in front...). We will not be playing songs with more than 10 parts, so the formation has positions for 10 people … if we do substitutions (for example, maybe Konugrim might substitute for Mirvie for part or all of the show), the substitute will just take over the spot of the person he/she is substituting for, since the stage won't really hold more than 10 people easily if the back row is on horseback:

People on horseback please hug the front of the wooden part of the stage (see picture below), and people standing in front of them please be on the stone (this way we are a bit closer to the front of the stage so that the sounds carries a little farther toward the front of the stage, than if we are all on the wooden part):

Tasks:

Raid formation – Malvy

Sync check – Ashigaru and Malvy (I'd like two people to be prepared to do this, in case we 'lose' someone due to technical or “real-life-calls” issues)

Start the music – I'll do this, though I'll delegate this as appropriate – maybe the singers will start the music for songs that they are singing, so that we don't start playing until they are ready to sing)

Okay, that's all I can think of right now! I'll update this post if there are any changes between now and showtime.

Ashigaru Trecalia

Which of those rows is the back row?

The back row is the one with Glo, Freemark, Ringolion and Rahmat in it. So .. the arrows point in the direction the band members are facing.

Briallan
Officer

Oh one more thing .. there is a milestone very close to the Hobnanigan's fields, at 24.7S, 51.6W .... just in case you want to set one there so you don 't have to always ride there from Bree or whatever

Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Briallan
Officer

Oh, good point, Malvy. I'll form the raid myself or get someone else who's available earier to do it :)

Ashigaru Trecalia

What I'd suggest for setting it up is this - once you get someone else there who can also handle things (since you'll be jumping around between multiple accounts), give that person Raid Assistant (just right-click their portrait when invited and find it in the dropdown) and have them take care of the invites.  Might also want to have some form of voice communication...you're welcome to make use of KWL's Mumble server if you'd like)

Yes that's a good idea about the raid assistant; also good idea about mumble we haven't used that recently but this would be a good time due to the fact we have a long and sort of complicated event. Though I'm not sure I have the latest logon and PW, maybe you could mail it to me?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: