Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> The Kinship Crier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briallan
Officer

re: Chicken Runs on Landroval (Week 3 course assignment)

For those on the Honors track of the Coursera "Online Games" course, the in-game assignment for this week is to join a chicken run to Rivendell.

To sort of make a long story short, there are a number of quests in LOTRO where you can play *as a chicken* (instead of as your usual character) and do some quests that basically involve survival while you accomplish some chicken-related goals. The chicken run to Rivendell is one of these kind of quests.

However! There are five preliminary quests that you should do before you attempt a chicken run to Rivendell. These quests introduce you to how to play as a chicken, and to the particular skills that are available to chicken-type characters. Once you have completed these five quests, it unlocks a quest that allows you to attempt the chicken run to Rivendell.

Here is a FAQ on our kin website that describes the preliminary quests and a little bit more about what it means to play as a chicken.

This Saturday, July 2 at 1pm US Eastern time (EDT), we will do a group chicken run to Rivendell. We will meet at Sandson’s Farm in The Shire (located at  32.0S, 74.3W) where the run will start. If you would like to join this run, please do the preliminary quests first. If this time does not work for you, just ask on the coursera channel and we can find a time for the chicken run that works for you.

So after the Rivendell run, I assume, is the Minas Tirith?  (Teehee)

Briallan
Officer

Yes, after the chicken run is Minas Tirith!

Well .. not *directly* after ...

kargach
Officer

Anonymous wrote:

So after the Rivendell run, I assume, is the Minas Tirith?  (Teehee)

Bredhe and I owe Ashi a run to MT, you're welcome to join in!

I don't have an alt problem, I have a control problem.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> The Kinship Crier All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: