Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Briallan
Officer

re: Solve-A-Mystery Concert (3/15) Signup/Planning

The Remediator's next scheduled concert is for the Windy Acres Ranch Solve-A-Mystery role playing event on Saturday, March 15, starting at 4:00pm EST/server time at 9 Chestnut Street, Raglan, Bree-land homesteads. The Remediators will play a concert as the event's mystery-solving activity winds up, at perhaps 4:45pm or so (Die Meisterbarden von Bree will perform earlier during the event).

So far the band members who have currently indicated they can attend are: Briallan and alts, Krohkur and Lady Ashigaru. Band members, please respond on this thread if you can attend and are not currently in this list.

I will update this first post of the thread as we get responses from band members as to whether they can play, and with the links to the songs and parts list as we get nearer to the concert.

Here is the link to the songs and parts for the Saturday concert.

Last edited by Briallan on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:19 am; edited 3 times in total

Briallan
Officer

The theme for this concert is dance music (as per guidance from the event organizer). They are a combination of songs from some of our previous concerts and songs we have never performed before (though I avoided adding any songs from Winterstock). If anyone has songs that they want to include for this concert, let me know, and I will add them to this folder -- we will use this folder to eventually narrow down what we are going to test this coming Sunday and what we are going to play on the 15th. I will probably be adding some new arrangements over the coming week as well.

Last edited by Briallan on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Briallan
Officer

Here is some more background on the event, to help us plan:

General Event description is here.

The general event description describes the start time as both 4PM and 4:30PM EST / Servertime -- it actually starts around 4PM, but here is a more detailed description of the time line, which I got the from event organizer, Kiralynn:

* 3:45pm -- The Meisterbarden will hopefully be playing out front, so people know when they've found the ranch.
* 4:10pm -- We start moving people inside.  The event is set to start at 4pm but people are always a few minutes out of sync.
* 4:20pm -- My best estimate of when the in-character investigations will begin.
* 5:00pm -- Die Meisterbarden should be finished playing by now (perhaps a bit sooner).  The Remediators can start playing.
* 5:20pm -- (Or one hour later.) The last possible time people can submit answers.  We ask people to go back to the ranch.
* 5:25pm -- The Chief Investigator announces the solution.
* 5:35pm -- Hopefully I have given out all the prizes.
* Til -- Party until everyone's done having fun.

Based on this, I am thinking we should have maybe one hour worth of music for our main program, with perhaps 20 minutes of material for possible encores if the audience still seems lively at that point?

Ice Weasel

Should be do-able, an hour main show and up to 20 minutes encore.

Don't forget you can pull from my "Concert Ready" dropbox folder... that's stuff we've tried and tweaked, but haven't performed.

I'm sort of hazy on what "dance music" means... I guess to me you can dance to just about anything. LOL

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Briallan
Officer

Haha, yes you can dance to practically anything -- I think of it this way: when you hear it, does it make you want to get up and dance? Some really good music wants you to zone out, sit or stand there, and just listen to it. So, I don't know, it's sort of like, I know it when I hear it .. guess that doesn't help much :)

Like, look at your Love Songs folder, something like Ma Cherie Amour is a great song, but it doesn't make me feel like I just HAVE to immediately get out on the dance floor and dance -- its melody is rhythmically complex which is part of it. Whereas something like Breaking Up is Hard to Do has a more irresistible beat, and I think of that as more like "dance music". anything you consider mellow is prolly not dance music

BUT I think we need some slow songs for change of pace, they should just have good steady rhythm.

Well I hope that's clear now lol.

Ice Weasel

LOL...

Clear? Um... okay, we'll go with that. 

Take what you need from the folders. It's all there for the snagging.

Hobbelion

Dance music to me is something that's more repetitive and predicable. A single overriding beat runs through the music allowing people to move consistently throughout the song. The lyrics shouldn't really matter. Electronic and Trance songs are generally good dance music because they are long and repetitive as hell, but some of them are good.

There's one song that Love SQ did for Chrono Trigger that I literally got up to dance when I heard it for the first time and I pretty much abhor dancing.

I'll think of some dance songs that might be good although like last time, I don't think I'll be able to participate.

Ashigaru Trecalia

I sent the data to Bri, but when I read that description and think back to games past, the first thing that came to mind was Real Emotion from FFX-2 (Yunapalooza, anyone?)

re: Solve-a-Mystery Concert

I can't come on the 15th...ballet tickets!

Last edited by Raventrick on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Briallan
Officer

Glad you got songbook working, Raven! sorry you can't make it this week, maybe next time...

I added "Real Emotion" to the folder for testing this Sunday.

Siltharan
Officer

Looks like it's a no for me again. :( I'll be at work again! Seems like I work most Saturday afternoons lately.

Briallan
Officer

Here is a link to the final list of songs and parts for the Saturday concert. Please be there by 430PM EST to warm up and play your scales :)

Ice Weasel

Got it!

I almost forgot (again)... I put a "Utility" directory in my music tree in the dropbox. One file: 000-CacheTheNotes.ABC

Stick that in your performance folder, and you can run it to cure the tone hiccups on the first song in a set. 

Briallan
Officer

Do you need to run it for every instrument you play if a charcter  plays more than one instrument? Or just the first instrument / first song?

Anyway, added that ABC to the folder of songs for Saturday

Ice Weasel

I don't know... I'll try to find out. I think once and it's good, but once for every instrument might be logical.

Lady Ashigaru, do you have anything special you want me to say about "Real Emotion"?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: