Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briallan
Officer

re: Band Meetup Sunday March. 9

Hello! Band meetup at usual time and place (see the calendar) for this week. Agenda is to test-play songs for upcoming Solve-A-Mystery role playing event next weekend. I will update this post when I have the final list of songs and list of who plays which parts.

If you have any songs you want to be considered for the event (some of you have mentioned that in other threads), we can still use songs  after Sunday ... we might try for a another test-play session later in the week (but prior to the event) if we have a lot of them.

Siltharan
Officer

I shall be there. :) At least for assistance, as my wonderful weekend work schedule is keeping me away from the concert again!

Briallan
Officer

Here is the link to the songs and the spreadsheet for tonight's meetup. These are not all the songs we will be playing, these are just the new and untested songs. I'm tentatively assigning parts for the meetup to Krohkur, Lady Ashigaru, and Siltharan as well as to Briallan and her alts, but we can change that if more/less/different people show up tonite.

For the concert next weekend, so far we have maximum of 8 musicians including alts, so I am generally creating 6 and 7-part songs (we may prepare a couple 8-parters for the concert, but would have a fallback plan in case we can't manage them for some reason).

Hope to see you all tonite!

Briallan
Officer

Ok, here is the results of the test session on Sunday -- if you were there, please correct me if I got something wrong:

Approved:

• BabyOneMoreTime
  • CantinaBandSong
  • DoubleShot
  • HoneyHoney -- though try to fix the ending -- too abrupt
  • Lucky
  • MammaMiaV2
  • MidnightConfession
  • PoisonIvy
  • RealEmotion
  • SetOnYou
  • Sledgehammer7
  • SweetCaroline

NonApproved:

• BBWB_Swing -- weird syncopation
  • I Wanna Go7 -- flute seems too late on whistles
  • LaIslaBonita -- flute seems to cut in and out; also ends abruptly
  • Louie_Louie -- too much bagpipe
  • Venus -- crappy song not helped by my arrangement

Also, I think there was one other song with flute problems .. was it HoneyHoney? Anyone remember?

Ashigaru Trecalia

I don't think I'll be able to hold back on punctuating the end of Real Emotion with that Call of Earendil...

That's fine ... I don't think it will do much damage to freeps :)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: