Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ice Weasel

re: Maestro v1.4.1 with TRACK VOLUME ADJUST!

Maestro v1.4.1 has released, and now when you select a track, you can adjust the volume on that track. I'm downloading now, so I don't know yet if it allows multiple tweaks within a track by highlighted area, or if it is more like the vPitch utility, an entire track at a time. 

Download site:  https://code.google.com/p/lotro-maestro/

Official LOTRO forum thread in Music System topic for Maestro: LINKED HERE

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Ice Weasel

re: Maestro v1.4.1 with TRACK VOLUME ADJUST!

Turns out that the volume adjust works track-at-a-time, not in sections, so it replaces the need for vPitcher, at least while converting. vPitcher might still be useful, as a quick and dirty tweak for ABC files by others, as it doesn't re-write the header, like Maestro does. 

I tried mixing down a multi-part midi to a solo lute, and adjusting volumes so that the rhythm guitar and bassline tracks lowered, and the melody line boosted.  Interesting result. I think it sounds okay, but there are a BAZILLION expression change notations in the file (naturally), which cranks up to +ffff+ on a melody note, and drops to +pp+ on rhythm notes and +mf+ on the bassline. I need to listen to it in game more to decide if I hear the wavering, or if I *think* I might. 

I'll put a "Demo" folder in my dropbox with the midi and the resulting ABC. I'll use that folder for other stuff I do experimenting with the systems.

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: