Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Ice Weasel

re: CONFIRMED Gig: Sunday, April 20th 5pm Servertime

Great news, Raventrick!

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Ice Weasel

I love the big music fests... 

I just missed the real Woodstock, but I've been to a lot of music fests since, both sitting (standing) out front and enjoying it all, and backstage sweating the billion things that go wrong that no one knows about, with any luck. The in-game fests, to me, have the same feel, on both sides. I love em!

Working on the set list.

Costume-wise:  Tunic for men and Dress for women will be making the rounds. Watch for them in in-game mail. Equip them in a Cosmetic slot, feel free to stick them in your Wardrobe, too, so you can access them down the road.  I handed them to Bri last night, the distro list is:

Dress:  Bri to Malvie to Ashi to Raventrick, back to Krohkur for storage.

Tunic:  Bri to Rho/Jeb, back to Krohkur for storage.

I am assuming that I have it correctly that Silth and Hobbs can't play that day?

Also... if I am leaving anyone out, please let me know ASAP, Part assignments and costuming may need adjusting.

Ice Weasel

Here is my first pass of a set list.  Please leave comments! If you think something ought not be there, tell me; if you think I left something off, tell me. 

We have 55 minutes; the five minutes out of the hour is to get bands on and off stage, set up and ready to go.  This set list is... 55 minutes 4 seconds. Anything added will mean something else has to go.

• 01 - BuildMeUpButtercup8
  • 02 - Breezin5
  • 03 - ItsRainingMenV2-7
  • 04 - CrazyLittleThingCalledLove7
  • 05 - DanceTheNightV2-7
  • 06 - DontBringMeDownLONG6 (LYRICS: Kro)
  • 07 - RockinRobin7
  • 08 - Celebration7
  • 09 - LittleAprilShowerBambi6
  • 10 - Roxanne6-7  (Lyrics: Rho)
  • 11 - TheAprilFools9
  • 12 - LollipopsRoses8
  • 13 - SugarSugar7-8
  • 14 - HotNCold8a
  • 15 - Breathless8a
  • 16 - OneThatIWant8
  • 17 - ToKnowHim7

If you need to hear any... Folder link is HERE.

Briallan
Officer

We might need to kill one or more anyway if we end up running short on time for unanticipated reasons .. we should think about that ahead of time so we have an idea what could be cut if we need to cut something

Ice Weasel

Yeah, I've thought about that... depends on where we are in the list, I think, but of course the easiest thing is to drop from the last forward.  That's sort of Plan A. 

One of the biggest things is not going over our time to get set on stage... two rows seems to work for us, but we tend to be a tad too crowded together. Something I've learned is that entering music mode (/music) can actually move the character a bit. A few in and outs of mode, and we are standing on one another.  Not saying to space out too far, but a body-space between each ought to be okay.  

Main thing is to get on stage, set in place, and synced as efficiently as we can.  Remember, I can run intro talk over the music start if need be.

Ehn Farad

I also think it's better to stagger everyone so that each person in the back row is standing between - rather than directly behind - the people in the front row. That way everyone can be clearly seen by the audience.

Will there be any hobbits performing that day? It would be ideal if the lyrics could be sung by a hobbit, but if no one wants to take that on I'll happily do it myself. It would just be waaay funnier delivered from a hobbit.

Briallan
Officer

Radgallac is band alt of mine who is a hobbit and can do the Stoor Boot piece

Ehn Farad

Awesome, thanks!! That will give more meaning and humour to the piece.

Ashigaru Trecalia

With the alterations to the binding on Kroh's cosmetic, we may need to look for a Plan B. If anyone's open, we can grab a Tailor to look at crafting armor to drop in the Wardrobe. While you can't directly armor you can't use in an outfit slot, if you Wardrobe it first, then it's fair game.

I've already sent out a new outfit for the show, you should be getting it soon.

Ice Weasel

The final Song files and the Parts Assignment is LINKED HERE.

Note that I changed the filenames on some songs, so the Songbook windows show all part information better. 

If the part assignments are a problem for anyone, PLEASE let me know ASAP so I can go through it again.  Rho, I'm afraid we have you switch instruments 9 times in a 17 song list.

My goals in assignments were: 

• Alts NEVER change instruments. (This helps set the next sync faster, and makes it easier to run for alt-owners)
  • Anyone running Alts should switch instruments as little as possible (Again, to help very busy people.)
  • Band Members with the most experience in switching and syncing get the heavy work.
  • Lyric Singers need to be able to sing. (No winds on those songs)

I'm working on lyrics for our first song... maybe more, depending on time. I'll post lyrics here before we commit to them.

Besides Alts of members, we have an Ace in the Hole in case of emergency. Lilikate (a very visible personality in the music community) has offered to serve as "Emergency Backup". She performs with the group before our slot, The Andune Ensemble. She'll hang out after, and will be ready to jump into any part needed if we have a technical problem and need to cover a part. I'll be sending her the files so she'll have them.

Rho's costume choices are very nice and Spring-y!  I've got Kroh set, and mailed the set to Bri. She'll mail them along as needed. There is a Distribution List in the mail, just equip a cosmetic slot and/or stick em in a Wardrobe, then mail the set on to the next name.  Being able to attach multiple things in a mail makes this easier. 

Remember, We'll want to be assembled no later that half an hour before our time. You'll want to anyway, to hear Andune Ensemble. In fact, I'll likely be in Greenfields both days, for most of it. 

No need to play the "Caching the Notes"... I've learned that that is just to cache those tones on the computer playing the tones, so the audience will be fully cached before we start.

Remember, we can't add you to the raid until you are within a certain distance to the rest, and if you leave the area we will have to drop the raid and reform. We do need to do a quick spot check before walking onstage to make sure we don't have the Bug.

Can I presume, Ashi, that we are using the KWL Mumble Server as a voice channel in case of problems?  If so, Malvie will need an invite and technical info, most likely.

Other things as I think of em... I'm feeling VERY good about this gig. We've got a solid show, and it will get even better as final tweaks are made. 

I'll post the Intros/MC patter after I get that in the can.

Ehn Farad

Sounds good. I don't mind switching a fair bit if it saves Bri from having to swap all over the place with complicated changes.

Briallan
Officer

One issue .. we should prolly get together to rehearse Stoor Boots .. the issue is that the call and response in the chorus actually has to be synched by the people doing those parts so that it comes out right....also someone needs to create the two lyrical files for the lead and chorus part.

So far, I have agreed to do one part of the lyrics as Radgallac, a hobbit .. who would be willing to do the other part?

Ehn Farad

I will happily do the other part, and maybe Krohk, if you're up to it, you can do it at the same time? It would be funny to have a few people doing it. I will make the files. I can get together anytime you want, to practice it.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: