Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briallan
Officer

re: Band Meetup Friday Apr. 4 9PM EST

Rhovanael and Janduil will be stopping by the Courserrim kin house for new band members' orientation, so we might take the opportunity to test a few new songs as well.

Ice Weasel

Talking with the new folks, Greenfields is a go. I'll be requesting the 5pm slot on Sunday, after Andune Ensemble. I'll pull some things together for testing.

Looking at things that are "spring, flowers, fresh air" themed, maybe light jazz, dance-tunes always preferred. (Remember, it doesn't have to be fast to be dance material.) 

I'll put up a folder for possibles before Saturday.

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Briallan
Officer

Since we are doing Greenfields, priority for next couple meetups should be music for that event, since it is coming up sooner than other events. I am thinking we can reuse some existing music we haven't played recently ... maybe some stuff from VDay concert, although certainly we should come up with new stuff too.

Ice Weasel

Cheerp, understood completely.  We might look at an earlier meeting time in future, Bri?  This Sunday is the Memorial, during the server-afternoon... but maybe after that.

Bri, I agree... I'm looking though the "Did Not Play" lists, and some other tidbits.  I've got a version of Cheap Trick's "I Want You to Want Me"... at much faster the beats-per-minute, which makes it fun. 

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Briallan
Officer

Sure, I'm definitely open to changing meetup time -- when we started, all people interested in the band were in the Americas, so it was the best time for east and west coast U.S. people. We should discuss this at the next meetup.

Siltharan
Officer

Changing meetup time will give me a 2/7 chance to actually get there, since whether I work mornings/afternoons or afternoons/evenings, earlier times run smack in the middle of a shift. :( But we do need to think about getting more members.

Briallan
Officer

Here is link to songs and who-plays-what for the Friday April 4 band meetup. The part assignments are tentative since I don't know for sure who will coming, but we can adjust that when we all get there and see who's available to play.

EDIT (1215PM EST): ok I originally included the wrong spreadsheet -- just fixed that -- the correct spreadsheet is 'meetup 4_3.xslx', not 'meetup 3_30.xlsx'

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: