Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ashigaru Trecalia

re: URGENT: Request from last Sunday's musical guest

I received a PM today from Jebido, who I knew mainly as Rhovanael. You may recall she left somewhat abruptly from Sunday's rehersal upon learning from me that a mutual friend we knew through KWL, known in-game as Goarth, had died late last year. She wishes to hold a memorial service for him in-game on Sunday, April 6th, at 3:00 Server Time, and has asked me if we might be willing to perform a small piece for it. I do not know what sort of playlist she might have in mind, as I was not particularly privy to his musical tastes. If this sounds to you all like something we can do (the timing is fortuitous for me, actually), PLEASE put a message here. Briallan, if you think you can, please send an in-game mail to Rhovanael to talk about a playlist. EDIT: I should also add this - https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?545089-Goarth-Al-Vera-Memorial-for-a-dear-friend-3pm-6-April-2014

re: Memorial Event April 6 2:30PM EST

I would be happy to play, and that date/time works for me, so we can certainly put together a band for this occasion. I will write to Rhovanael tomorrow to discuss the playlist -- seeing as it's two weeks away, I'm sure we will have time to come up a program appropriate to what Rhovanael wishes to present.

Siltharan
Officer

I'll be off that day, with a half marathon in the morning. Should feel up to hopping on that afternoon.

Ice Weasel

Count me in.

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Ashigaru Trecalia

Wonderful to hear. Wardrobe however you will, this is not a performance in the sense we have done before. Between Ashi's aristocratic upbringing, the expectations placed on her as Matriarch's Heiress, and having known him, she will naturally be clad in so much black you could mistake her at long distance for Ulaire Enquea. However, I can't say if she would don the blacks used in performances past.

Makes perfect sense, on the wardrobe front.

*musing*.... So, is "somber" the right frame, or "celebration of life, tastefully" more the target for the band?  

I'm thinking we might not "uniform"... but maybe a color palette towards the darker colors?

Briallan
Officer

I started a dropbox folder where I will put both midis and ABCs we are considering using for the service -- this is just a working folder, since at this point we do not have definite playlist yet.

Briallan
Officer

As far as band outfits, I think the concert black the ladies usually wear would suitable .. though, I wonder if the gentlemen's uniforms have too much gold in them... we could try some different things at the next band meetup and see what we think is appropriate.

Ice Weasel

Reading the bits on the LOTRO board, I'm wondering if all black isn't *too* somber. He sounds like someone who had a real zest for life, more with the "celebration of a life lived" thing.  

But, yes, this is sort of premature, at least until we get "official" word. No worries... (I do tend to think "out loud"... even when typing).

Ashigaru Trecalia

And for everyone else, I would likely concur. However, this is Ashigaru Trecalia, Matriarch's Heiress. Extremely formalistic in such matters, raised in a very aristocratic and ritualized manner. In matters of death, shrouding herself in black is as natural to her as eating is to a hobbit. I think Rhovanael, who was always ready to indulge the eccentric nature of the Trecalia family, wouldn't mind.

Cool... So, maybe not yellow or sea blue, but "muted' color for others? 

Anyone needs some dye for this, let me know.

Briallan
Officer

I personally would like to get more info from Rhovanael, the event organizer, and I don't really know much of what she has in mind at this point. She may have some ideas that might help us decide on matters we are debating about.

Ashigaru Trecalia

I asked Rhovanael about my black wardrobe (and I've got QUITE the somber outfit set up - I'll show you on Sunday). This was the pertinent part of her reply. "I intend on wearing black. I think it's appropriate at least for the memorial. I may change before the Pony."

Cool. I'll brew up more black dye if people need.

Ice Weasel

Bri, my dropbox folder, "Memorial Maybes"... LINKity-Link

I found a conversion of Fields of Gold that might be good for this.  I can massage the lyrics a bit.  Old conversion, I listened to it, seems good. (October of last fall!)

I'll look at some others, and have a go at the lyric.

Bri, what about your 6-part "Stand by Me"?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: