Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Briallan
Officer

re: Band Meetup for Sunday, April 13

I like Krohkur's idea of having it all in one file, so one person can do it and so we don't have coordination problems...  what I don't like is:

Briallan , Ashigaru, Malvie, Raventrick, Rhovanael, and Krohkur sing: (~ put on the stoor boots! ~)

... since the audience will be all day reading the names and not the line of the song

Maybe we could do something like:

All: ~ put on the stoor boots! ~

or

Chorus: ~ put on the stoor boots! ~
or
 Band: ~ put on the stoor boots! ~

I mean it's not going to be really 'all' but i think the audience will get it .. we need a shorthand way to refer to the backup singers rather than naming them all. If Rad isnt' playing an instrument he wouldn't be part of the 'band' for this song in some sense .. whatever!

The main thing I am worried about is that, if we have 2 or more people doing it, we will get killed by the tight coordination needed, since there is sometimes a delay in sending out the text from lyrical and the audience will see the lines in the wrong order.

Anyway rather than guessing, why don't we try different ways of doing it? Is thurday 9PM EST Ok? I think just Rho, Kro and I are needed to test it out.

Ashigaru Trecalia

As long as it's not physucally requiring everyone to issue that emote command. Keep it simple.

I can meet Thursday... provided we don't go too late. Starting at 9pm server, it really shouldn't take a long time.

I agree on keeping things simple... I also see the merit of a lot of "chorusers"... 

And, to be honest, a lot of bands just run the chorus parts in the singer's Say channel... the parentheses seem to be nearly universal shorthand. 

Then again, there is no legitimate "standard", so we can do as we like.

Ah, wishy-washy to make Charlie Brown envious!

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Briallan
Officer

OK we meet at 9PM EDT/server time on Thursday April 17  at Courserrim kin house to rehearse the lyrics .. or lyric options.. for Roxanne / Stoor Boots .. ... Rho Kro and I .. no need for entire band to show up.

Ehn Farad

See you there! I'll have the costumes ready by then, too.

Briallan
Officer

OK .. just realized something when I tried practicing Stoor Boots .. the lead and backup files are not correct. ... the lead should be singing "Put on the stoor boots" when the chorus is singing "farmer sam" ... so we got it backwards ... I think we need to redo both files.

Ehn Farad

Interesting - that is what I thought, and why the first files I sent were named with the lead singing that part. OK, I will take that into account when reworking the files, and I'll have new ones for you guys tomorrow sometime.

Briallan
Officer

yeah i realized the flute corresponded to the lead, and the bagpipe to the chorus ... and I was singing back and forth between them and i finally realized that we got it backward :)

Ice Weasel

So, Style-wise, we are decided that the Chorused parts will be:

~ (Put on the Stoor Boots)

Tilde, space, Open Parens, Capital Letter on first word and Proper Nouns, Close Parens.

Is that right? Any spaces or capitalization I'm missing?

Ehn Farad

That's how I had a mind to do it. Although I don't think boots would be capitalized. The Stoors are a race of people, while the boots are just their apparel/creation.

Ice Weasel

Cool..

In Pursuit of Consistency!

LOL

Briallan
Officer

Except the chorus sings "Farmer Sam" .. not "Put on the Stoor boots" as I mentioned above.

Just checked to make sure see this video at 1:05 -- we had the right idea about how to time it, except it's the lead following the chorus by a split-second instead of the other way around.

BTW .. this means that Rho, Kro and Rad should either (1) not play instruments, or (2) play stringed instruments for this song, since they are 'singing'

Ice Weasel

Rad isn't playing, I left him open for singing... 

The only strings are Malvie and Raventrick (Lute and Theo)

I guess I'm more comfortable "singing with a horn" than making a lot of switching. I set up the lead-in songs so that we'd only need one switch into Roxanne... granted, that's Rho.

10 - Roxanne6-7 1  Lute Malvie 3:14  
  3  Theorbo Raventrick    
  4  Flute 1 Briallan    
  14  Flute 2 Rhovanael    
  6  Horn [distortion - optional] Krohkur    
  7  Bagpipe Ashigaru    
  8  Drums Ringolion    
  xx SINGS LYRICS Radgallac   Lyric

For what it's worth, I've seen bands do "chorus singing" when playing winds. Just one of those compromises you make because of the limitations of the medium. 

Briallan
Officer

Kro and Rho .. I am hoping to get together this evening for a short time to test the new lyrics files Rho is working on .. no time is set yet ... I don't have any plans for this evening (except homework haha)  so I can do it whenever you guys are free.

Ehn Farad

Sounds good. No pun intended. I am just testing them now, and Krohk is on so maybe if we met up at 7pm server time? (i.e. in a half hour from now)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: