Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Ehn Farad

re: Windy Acres Spring Racing Carnival Comedy Performance

I am planning on doing the comedy sketch portion of the Windy Acres Spring Racing Carnival, which consists of 3 5-10 minute performances interspersed among a few of the shorter events, taking place 6pm-7:30pm, May 17 at Hengstacer Farms.  Here's a bit of background about it:

The length of the skit should be three segments of 5-10 minutes. They take place between the other events (barrel race, name-that-breed, and name-that-song) as a transition. The format is typically 2+ people stand in front of the audience performing emotes (to keep it visually interesting). They tell jokes or do "Who's On First" style comedy skits. Comical music during the skits is optional. Bright, wild outfits are traditional. The pipe festival mask is almost always worn by one clown, with a beaver, sheep, pig, chicken or other animal mask on others, but that's all optional. The only real requirements are wild outfits and family-friendly material.

Would anyone be interested in performing with me? I will need at least 2 other people besides myself. You'd be welcome to help write the skits/jokes, or I could do that myself, whichever you prefer. As soon as I can get the performers nailed down, we can get our clown outfits sorted out and take some screen caps for the promotional materials.

I think it would also be fun to have someone - it could be a soloist or a duo, and it could even be one or both of the two clowns, although that could get complicated - to do silly sound effects and riffs on pibgorn or horn or something, maybe some rimshots, etc on drums, whatever sounds silly and enhances the performance.

If anyone is interested in being a clown with me, or if you know anyone who would be interested/reliable, please let me know! Once I have the performers nailed down I can confirm with Kiralynn and we can get started crafting the performance.

Ice Weasel

This sounds like a lot of fun!

Timing is serendipitous... Check out the video from the Just Abby's set I did. I wanted a way to set up my first song, so I did a "tuning up" ABC file, and "bantered" over the top via Lyrical-run one-liners.  

I *think* it went over well.. there were laughs and no one swore at me in Tells, so I take that as positive. 

Krohkur's rep, at least in solo performing, is as a musical comedian. Most of my songs are for comedic effect, to a degree. I do some that are heart-achy melancholy, for the emotional contrast.

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Ehn Farad

Awesome! So can I sign you up for this? 

It would be great to work together on writing and honing the performance. I think since the format is 3 segments, then each of the performers - me, you and whoever else signs up - could take the lead on one of the segments, and we could all work together to refine them.

Briallan
Officer

I would be happy to do this, though also ok on passing if there are others with a strong urge to take part (since you don't need too many people...). Probably do not have time to write any material but would be happy to review/critique it as well as perform it.

Ehn Farad

We will still need a sound effects person or two aside from the 3 comedy performers, so if someone else surfaces who really wants to write/perform, you could do sound effects instead. In any case, I'm excited to see some interest. I think it's going to be a lot of fun!

Also, I may do a sketch for my segment, and if I do there may be a need for a couple others to step in for other roles. Not sure on that yet.

Ice Weasel

Yep, consider me signed. I bought a Goat mask, and styled my wardrobe for it today. LOL

Ehn Farad

Woohoo!! Awesome. Thanks - this is going to be fun.

Ehn Farad

Kiralynn has asked us what the name of our comedy troupe is. We can provide that when we send her the screen caps. So, fun time!! Let's do some namestorming!!!

Looking forward to some hilarious, clever ideas! Right now I have none! hehe.

Briallan
Officer

I was watching a cartoon called "Four Tanks and a Healer" on utube. Maybe we could do something with that ...

You should actually watch the show if u haven't seen it, it's kinda fun :)

Other ideas: The Tenderfeet (if we want to go with something horse-y)

I'm not really good with this sort of thing :) ... prolly u guys can think of something better

Ehn Farad

Here are a few that came to mind:

The Kids in the Corridor

Cowboys Ain't Supposed to Cry

A Barrel Full of Cave Beasts

Clownanigans

Second Township Theatre

A Woman, an Elf and a Dwarf

Adventures in Middle Mirth

The Sore Thumbs (and all wear purple)

The Saddlesores

Don't Scare the Cattle

Well I Oughta

Bard Farce

The Goodwill Jesters

Rhokrohkallian

Krohkrhovallian

Briarhovakrohk

The Stoor Boots

The Side-splitters

The Barred Bards

Escape From Trestlebridge

Finding Lalia

As you can see based on the suggestions I've made, there's no need to edit your bad ideas out - let's just brainstorm and see what we come up with.

Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Briallan
Officer

I like the Sore Thumbs best -- it's kind of a play on the fact that we are also band members ... while I like some the longer ones, I think the name should be short and punchy since we are doing short little bits of humor; the Krohkrhovallian variations are cute too, though a little harder for the audience to wrap their heads around. Saddlesores is topical to the event, so I guess that would be my second choice

EDIT: ok just saw Malvy's post -- of those I like "don't step on my cat" since it sounds like a ridiculous name for any sort of group :)

Ehn Farad

Yeah, the Sore Thumbs was my fave, too. Also because there's the whole "sticking out like a sore thumb" angle to add humour.

I also just really loved 'Finding Lalia' but that could just be me. LOL

Ice Weasel

• The Silly Wizards (of course, only old folk-rockers will get that one)
  • The Three Steps (gimme three steps, gimme three steps, mister..)
  • Squirrel Fodder (we're all nuts)
  • Smelling of Elderberries 
  • Morris Boa's Crawling Carnival
  • High on Pie (hmmm.. maybe for a hobbit group)
  • Walked Into a Bar
  • Bree Ballet Brigade
  • Hur-Hee-Hee
  • Wokking Into Mordor
  • Evendimmers
  • wwwwwwwqqwwaaaw1112323 (log of an ambush and battle)
  • Shire Podiatrists
  • Riders on the Schtick
  • In the Moooooood 
  • Tickle Me Elmos
  • Feathered 
  • The Jocular Interlocutors

Lots to go from, LOL... 

Ehn Farad

OK, seriously, my sister just gave me the most HILARIOUS suggestion, and unless you guys hate it, I think it should be our name: Ham Gambit

What do you guys think of that name?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: