Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Ashigaru Trecalia

re: Band Meetups - April 26th and 27th (Sat/Sun)

Very well, then. Hopefully I'll be wearing a new title.

re: Rehearsals for May 3rd concert

Waiting for my new copy of XP to arrive so I can partition my computer. The Songbook.hta doesn't work on MAC. I'll be up and ready for the concert on May 3rd. but not sure if I'll have the machine set up by Sunday and Tuesday. Will keep you posted, Bri! 

Briallan
Officer

Ok excellent! Band meetups for this coming weekend are at 2PM EDT Saturday (the 26th) and the 9PM EDT Sunday (april 27) -- added to calendar

Ice Weasel

I just want to say that I think it's great if people can attend the Meet-Ups, even if they can't be at a scheduled performance.  

The Meet-Ups have a few purposes, the way I see it.  Sure it's testing songs that may go into a playlist for the next gig, but also for us to play together, get used to instrument changes, pre-queing the songs, practice with the tools, and just plain having a good time together. All valid. 

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Briallan
Officer

Here is a link to the tentative list of songs we are planning on testing for this weekend's two meetups. I will create a spreadsheet for who-plays-what probably on Friday.

Ashigaru Trecalia

Also good to be there in case someone can't and they need someone to fill in parts, or even just to have another set of ears to listen.

I just wanted to let you know I might not be able to make tomorrow's practice. My beloved parrot Kasper is in the hospital and I will likely be spending most of the day visiting her and dealing with the vets. I will let you know if things change, but for now it seems I will be unavailable for that timeframe. I could do later in the evening, though, as I will likely be home by 8 or 9 EDT.

Briallan
Officer

Oh.. sorry to hear about your poor pet!

Actually, I just got mail from the organizer of the Spring Celebration event .. it turns out that event is cancelled. So, it does not seem particularly urgent to have a meetup tomorrow, and I will cancel the Saturday meetup ... meetup is still on for Sunday, as we might as well test some of the accumulated stuff we have.

HOWEVER, priority now goes to testing music for the Spring Racing Carnival, so if anyone has any music for that event ready by Sunday, that will get priority over the other material we have stockpiled. So, let me know if you have Spring Racing Carnival music to test for this Sunday, and I will give that priority.

If anyone has some great ideas for performing the latin and classical music we have been working on, let's discuss it, but we shouldn't make that a priority over Spring Racing Carnival preparation. EDIT: well in my opinion anyway lol

Last edited by Briallan on Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ice Weasel

Well... poop.

Can't say I'm terribly upset on the classical stuff... never wrapped my head around that angle.  What do we want to do about all that great Latin Beat stuff?  I hate to shelve it... I understand that a committed gig takes precedence, but it sure would be nice to find a venue and time for all that music.

I've got things in mind for Windy Acres,  but not sure I can package em in time for Sunday... which really would be tomorrow, so they can be part assigned, distributed, etc.  

Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Ice Weasel

Ah, the vagaries of notifications... I saw Bri's post cancelling the May 3 gig, but not Rho's about her parrot.....

Speedy recovery, warm wishes and healing thoughts to both the bird and birded!

Ehn Farad

Thanks, guys. It's been a really rough few days. She seems to be stable now, but they still haven't figured out what is wrong so there's a bit of a road ahead over the next few days.

Ehn Farad

Going in to visit Kasper and meet with the vet at 5, so I likely won't be able to meet at 6 (9EDT is 6PM for me). Sorry, guys. If I get back in time to hop in I will.

Ehn Farad

I would be able to meet earlier, though. Anything prior to 7pm EDT would work for me.

Briallan
Officer

Here is the list of songs and the spreadsheet for this evening's meetup... sorry, I was busy earlier so didn't see your message, Rho ... but I think it's too late to reschedule for this evening (I just now finished the songs and spreadsheet), so we will just go with whoever can make it at the scheduled time (9PM EDT)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: