Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Ashigaru Trecalia

re: Weatherstock

I may not be there exactly at the start (since that goes to 6:00 my time, depends on when I get home and can have some nom-noms), but I'll be there ASAP. I'd suggest putting the pieces with fewer parts at the start?

Yep... my situation, too.

I *think* I'll be there at the start, but don't be afraid to start without me.

I've got short legs, but I'll catch up.

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Ehn Farad

I can bring the Jebs to fill in if need be. I have Jebbob (lute, theorbo, clarinet, flute, horn and drum), Jebford (mini - can play anything except pibgorn and bagpipe) and Jebseth (can only play lute and clarinet so far).

Ehn Farad

Woohoo! We made it into the competition!! Exciting!

Here are the results of the weighted band selection lottery!  This is also the randomized order that the ten bands will appear in at the summit on Saturday June 14:

1.  Under The Sunlit Sky    

2.  The Shades              

3.  The Rolling Kegs        

4.  Runic Knights Orchestra 

5.  Breakfast Club          

6.  Die Meisterbarden von Bree

7.  A Rock And A Hard Place  

8.  Muckin Fuddle            

9.  Notenzauber              

10. The Remediators          

Thank you to all 15 bands that applied!  We're sad that we cannot fit all acts into the competition.  All bands will be scheduled for a Weatherstock Concert Series slot in the next two weeks (schedule TBA).

Ice Weasel

Last slot, too... which has some advantages. (a few disadvantages, too, but I think the good outweighs the not-good).

Okay, kids, we're in brewing mode. 

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Siltharan
Officer

7pm... Most definitely going to be late for that, as I work until 6:30pm. Home, then supper. But available June 1 for the other schtuff.

Briallan
Officer

OK yeah my head is spinning a bit ... have been contacted by LMB .. here is what I know so far:

• our LMB 'roadie' is Lhinnthel, who will be helping us thru the process (I have her email, but will give it out to band members individually rather than publish it in the forum)
  • we will be provided with 5G as a costume budget
  • our Weatherstock Concert Series (WCS) slot will be one hour (since we are in the competition), and the time they have given us is 8-9pm OR 9-10pm server time (our choice) on June 1st
  • We need to give them a preferred location for our WCS concert; it is recommended that this location should be a 'unique place in the starter zones'
  • Since we are going last in the competition (Saturday, June 14) that means that we would be going on about 415PM server time (based on info I got from Byrcha that the competition runs from 2PM to 430PM -- though she said that those times are "subject to change").

So the immediate issue is the time for the WCS concert... we actually did get the June 1 date I requested, but not the earlier start time I was hoping for. What this means, I think, is that Rho won't be able to make the WCS concert based on what she has posted regarding her plans for that day. I am leaning toward the earlier time  (8PM) to give Malvy an extra hour of sleep .. ack sounds like it's hailing golfballs outside!!!! ... we don't get a lot of thunderstorms out here btw ... so please chime in on thoughts for

1. the WCS start time on June 1, as we can start at 8PM or 9PM server time
  2. WCS concert location preference

Prolly I will have to get back to Llinnthel very soon on that so please respond if the start time makes a difference to you.

Will be posting more info as I get it... I will need to supply various publicity and contact info to Lhinnthel so will contact you individually or post more questions on here over the next few days.

Ehn Farad

Yeah, sadly I won't be able to make it for this Sunday, unless anything changes here. I've actually been dealing with some health issues this past week so there's a possibility I won't be going to the banquet, in which case I could play the concert, but I won't know for sure until probably Saturday evening or Sunday morning. If I do stay home then it won't really matter which time slot you guys choose, I could play either.

In terms of location, I think since we have the Latin set lined up, it would be really, really cool to do a beach or party location. Maybe even a beach party location! hehe. I've got a few locations already scoped out, I will post locations and pics when I'm finished dinner.

Briallan
Officer

OK .. here is more info I need:

• Email address for each band member; Lhinnthel has requested this so that she can update us all at once (I have email addresses for Rhovanael and Krohkur, but I do not have emails for any other band members --- please PM me with this info (rather than post it here) for privacy.
  • We need a photo to be used as the basis of a poster for advertising for our WCS concert this Sunday -- does anyone have a large, good quality screenshot of the band (which doesn't show the band members as mere specks, like mine do)? If so, please let me know the location of the photo -- otherwise we will need to take one tomorrow....
  • Also, we need to plan for outfits to wear for our concert this Sunday -- something Latin looking I imagine .. the previous 'concert black' outfit we used to wear often might work (looked sort of mariachi I thought, for the guys anyway.. maybe girls could wear the pants too instead of the dress) ... but the pants color is not black anymore after update 13 .. or some better outfit .. hoping Rho and Kro might be able to help with this.

Ehn Farad

I am working on an outfit for the concert, I should have something ready tomorrow. I have a few good screenshots of the band, you can download them here.

My husband showed me the tickets for the banquet and it's SATURDAY night. Not sure why I thought it was Sunday, but anyway, I will be able to play after all. As you can see I am date/time challenged.

I will bring Jebford, and Jebbob as a backup.

Ehn Farad

Here are the locations I scoped out. I had a few ideas. In order of preference:

1] Bree festival grounds hot tub party! Complete with Latin music, a vendor nearby for refreshments and a dance instructor close to hand. Milestone, stable nearby, etc.

Bree festival grounds hot tub party

2] Celondim park Latin dance party - amazingly gorgeous location right in the heart of Celondim. Lovely lanterns for if it gets dark.

3] Springtime Latin dance party at the bridge near Celondim - gorgeous views, right on the stable route, lots of room to dance, no hostile mobs nearby (the area between the trees across the road, overlooking the inlet).

Celondim bridge

4] Bree Island party, on the island in the Everclear Lakes. Close to Bree, easy to find, gorgeous view, no hostile mobs. The island is a lot bigger than it looks in the picture.

I think we would be smartest to choose either the hot tub one or one of the two Celondim ones, because the Spring festival will be still on, and we will be able to get some people from the festival pulled in I'm sure.

Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Ehn Farad

The only NPC chatter or movement in the Bree festival area is the dance instruction from Ada Musgrove, and she only has about a dozen lines every 20 minutes. I don't see that as a problem at all. Particularly since I don't think we had any lyrics planned for the set. Besides, what could be better than people being able to learn to dance, right at one of our shows?

From an event organizing perspective, the benefits of that location far outweigh any issues with the text. There is a milestone there, a stable route, a campfire for easy porting of groups of people, a vendor selling booze and food, and a hot tub right in the middle of it all. A decent amount of festival attendees in the surrounding area so that we would likely have no difficulty drawing a bunch of them in to join in the fun. A quick post in regional and I'm sure we'd get them all popping by.

There's something about it being the last day of the Spring festival that makes it kind of special, too. I love the boldness of just making something happen right there during a festival. It's in keeping with the spirit of celebration and community. I also love being able to advertise it as a Latin Hot Tub Party. People would love it, and we could encourage them to dress for the occasion. It's just got all that party magic that I was looking for in a location.

In the area by the bridge, there is no waterfall sound at all. The other Celondim location, the park, is also very quiet. Neither of those areas have NPCs anywhere near them. However, they are both close to the swift travel route, and the one above the waterfall is right on the route between Celondim and Duillond so that people riding by would see a gathering of people and might be drawn in.

I had scoped a spot on the docks but it's not nearly as pretty or comfortable, so I didn't bother posting it.

Ehn Farad

Here are some shots of those locations at night, from a different angle. The hot tub area is well lit.

Bree festival grounds hot tub party

The park looks gorgeous at night

The bridge area looks good, but a bit dark.

Celondim bridge

The lake area looks good, but a bit dark. This is the direction I think we'd need to be facing, by the way, so that the audience isn't staring at Thornley's.

There is also the dock location I had scoped out. It also looks nice, but a bit bland compared to some of the other options.

Ehn Farad

Another thing to consider is how easy it is to advertise in terms of telling people where to go. "Latin hot tub party at Bree festival grounds" is really easy to say. So is "Concert on docks in Celondim." The rest involve differing degrees of complication. "Concert in Celondim, at park south of the docks" "Concert north of bridge between Celondim and Duillond" and "Concert on island west of Thornley's work camp" or something like that. None of them are terrible location/description-wise, but some are better than others.

Also, not to harp on the hot tub location, but come on - everyone is in GLFF talking about how they've got 8 maps now to the Bree festival grounds because of the auto-bestow festival quest. That's got to be a sign... 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: