Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Ashigaru Trecalia

re: Weatherstock

We've used that Celondim spot before, so I would favor the Bree Festival ground location unless we'll have those NPCs in the way (I don't know if you want the dance leader interrupting, but if you don't think it will be an intrusion...it is only three times, so maybe it's not that bad). Also, if you want/need, I can configure the emergency storage account for an additional performer. EDIT: Wait a minute....I thought your Latin motif was being saved for Weatherstock proper, not WCS. Did I misunderstand?

On the location for WCS: I just looked again at Lhinn's PM, and her suggestion was for "A unique place in one of the starter zones that is easily accessible to all levels is best." I apologize for leaving off the second half of her quote in my earlier post, but I did say 'starter zone' :) -- by which they may have in mind archet or thorin's gate! Bree and Celondim are not technically starter areas, and their idea may be that someone should be able to just roll up a new character on Landy, do the prologue (or not even do that, if VIP) and see the concert.

I can submit the other locations people have mentioned so far, but .. any ideas if we stick to a starter area? Prolly it would have to be in Archet since a Latin concert in the snow would be ... well ..... odd, at least to my way of thinking :)

Briallan
Officer

Also, Rho did send me some nice large screenshots of the band .. will go with one of these unless anyone else wants to submit any candidates for the WCS poster ... the sooner the better since I will respond to Lhinn's info request sometime later today.

Briallan
Officer

Ashigaru Trecalia wrote:
Wait a minute....I thought your Latin motif was being saved for Weatherstock proper, not WCS. Did I misunderstand?

Yes you did. The Latin motif is for the WCS event on this Sunday, since we needed about an hour of music, and that was the only theme on which we had unperformed stuff available. We have not yet decided what we will perform on the summit for the competition -- we have a week or two to nail that down after we finish preparations for the June 1 concert.

Ice Weasel

For some reason, GuildLaunch quit sending me topic notices... sorry to be so late on getting back here.

I loved the Celondim location for the Valentines Ball... but Ashi's right, maybe not now since we've "done it".   

I'm not certain the Festival Grounds is a good pick, as the festival goes until June 3rd. Sure, there's an "instant audience", but might not be welcome by folks trying to do their festival deeds and quests.

I'd push for someplace like the spot they did Ales and Tales at a few months ago... if you go up the dirt road through the farm fields in Bree-town, you end up in a semi-ruin that is a wonderful amphitheater, right above the back of the Pony.  It worked very well for a large Ales and ales crowd, is unique, and fun. The only down side is getting people up there if they haven't been before. Ales and Tales did that by having people along the trail directing folks up until the concert started. Not perfect, because of the difficulty in finding it.

I like Little Frog Island, but that's the location for Ales and Tales on Monday, so I'd not want to do that on Sunday.

What about Thornley's Work Site? It's in the North Bree Fields, right off the Greenway, easy to find. (25.5s, 53.7w). There is a raised "house foundation" that would make a decent stage, and open space around. It's *almost* at the festival grounds, but wouldn't interfere with anyone doing the festival activities.  I guess that would be my suggestion.

As for time, I like the early time on Sunday.

Bree and Celondim are usually considered "starter areas"... the key, i think, is new characters created by visitors from other servers may not be more than level 6-10, and if we make certain they aren't eaten on the way to the gig that should fulfill that spirit, I think. 

That said, isn't there a Gazebo in... not Archet, per se, but Staddle?

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Ashigaru Trecalia

I always interpreted starter area to be Ered Luin, Breeland (which would include Archet/Combe/etc.), the Shire, and MAYBE the Lonelands (less so the Lonelands, but at least because it's one of the free regions).

I would encourage everyone to go by the Bree festival grounds at some point today and actually stand in that location for awhile - you should see that there are very few minor interruptions from Ada, and she is teaching people to dance, so I think that is perfect for a concert. There is hardly anyone around most of the time, no one 'trying to do' anything that we would be interfering with. People cross through that area from time to time to get to the prize vendor or from the horse race to the hedge maze, but we wouldn't be an obstruction so I don't see that as an issue.

I'm not a fan of Thornley's as a location because it's a gloomy construction site and not very 'party'-ish in vibe. Annoying that A&T is using my froggy island! :(

I know the gazebo you're talking about. It's definitely something to consider but I was hoping for something a bit more 'special.'

If no one likes any of the suggestions I made I'll go scope out some more today and see what I can find. I was trying to avoid going too far afield because of getting people there but I will expand out a tiny bit and see if there's anything really cool.

Ehn Farad

Also, I forgot to say, Bri - Bree, Ered Luin and the Shire are considered "starter areas" so we could do anything in those regions that won't involve people having to fight their way in.

Perhaps we should get Lhinn's opinion on the hot tub location if there is some controversy over it. If she feels anything on festival grounds is or isn't off-limits it would help narrow things down a bit.

I'm getting some other ideas so I will post more on this later.

Ashigaru Trecalia

Could always use the Methel-stage in the Shire?

I understand why you like festival grounds, but I think that there are a lot of reasons why it's a bad choice.  

Enough people in that area force layers... bad for concerts, bad for festival activities as a group. And if we cause lag, people doing horse races will not be happy, and it may negatively impact dance students, too.

Publicity will be done by LMB as part of the WCS, right?  Aside from quick shouts on AlesAndTales, GLFF, Regional... and posts to the usual websites, not a lot to be done.

My opinion is that there are other, less used, places around. Just KrAbby is doing our Garden series out at Pierson's Farm (out the south Bree-town gate, past the skirm camp) while the Spring Fest is running. It's a decent location, no noisy NPCs, and easily reached from Bree-town by low levels.  Similar places: Adso's Camp, The Bullroarer Statue in Michel Delving, even the end of the plaza at Thorin's Hall that isn't full of skirm camp. (Thorin's Hall is kinda funny, Bri: "We play samba so hot, it's cool!") 

Still, opinions are ... well, ubiquitous. 

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Briallan
Officer

Actually, I think everyone has been coming up with very creative ideas! I don't think it's a question of people 'not liking' suggestions people have made so far, its more that there are a lot of places we could play, and each place has potential pros and cons for various reasons.

What I am planning on doing is to submit more than one choice to Lhinn, for both screenshots and WCS locations, and get her reaction to them. I am planning on writing to her sometime later today to provide all the info she asked for (screenshots, location preference, and emails), so you all probably have a few hours if you want to provide further input on this issue.

Also, I am currently putting together the song and parts list for tonite's meetup, so it should be available well before we meet up (7PM tonite, just as a reminder!!!)

Ehn Farad

Sorry, poor choice of words, I know you guys might 'like' but not favour some of the things I suggested. I just meant, if you don't want to go with any of those I will definitely go find a few more options. There was a really cool island in the Celondim area, that had a rock we could use for a stage, but I thought it wasn't as easy to get to as the waterfall location or the park. I could post those shots I took. I'll dig around some more.

Briallan
Officer

Here is the LINK to songs and part assignments for today's meetup at 7PM EDT/server time. Several people who said they will be late are not on the parts assignments .. they can just jump in and take over from one the alts whenever they arrive.

Ehn Farad

Sounds good. I found some more potential locations I'm going to be posting shortly. I found a couple that were pretty cool.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: