Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Ehn Farad

re: Weatherstock

I found a few more locations I like. This Staddle picnic area is perfect for a summery party. Super easy to get to and super easy to tell people about.

There's also this courtyard, which is a nice location. Perhaps a little more suited to a more sombre or formal gathering though.

I had the idea for a Latin street party or block party, and I love the idea. I know already that people are going to probably say that they don't like being right in the street, but to me that's the whole appeal of the idea. There are a few street locations that would give off that 'block party' vibe while still being roomy enough. These were my favourites.

I also liked this charming little hill in Staddle.

Briallan
Officer

OK we had a good test session tonite, though some songs needed a bit of work.

Next meetup is probably just Rho and I at Friday 8PM server time at Courserrim kinhouse for some more testing .. anyone else is welcome to come if they want of course... if anyone has any songs to test for this mail them to me soon.

Final meetup to test songs before the Sunday concert will be Saturday at 3PM server time -- expecting many band members to be there (not Malvy who is busy).

So things are looking good .. one last push before the Sunday concert, and then we have 2 weeks to finish up for the main event!

Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Ashigaru Trecalia

I think I had a faulty definition of remediate in mind (something about restoring something old to a more current state) when I mused on "Everything Old Is New Again"

For some reason my mind is going to the 'other' definition of remediate, which is to fix something .. like 'fixing your musical problems' ... I wonder if we could do something humorous and not too serious .. but I'm really bad at this sort of thing .. will think about it a bit more .. but I prolly need to get something to Lhinn quick

Briallan
Officer

Ah Ok if you check your email you'll see we have a poster tagline now ... if you have ideas for what you think should go in to the intro Lhinn will give us at start of concert, let me know (on this thread, email or PM) as I'll be getting back to her tonite.

Ermm .. hate having to think when I've just gotten up.... :)

Briallan
Officer

Oh crap.... just realized that the 3PM Saturday time I had envisioned for a final band test-play session conflicts with the 3PM Lothlorien
Dungeon run that Ashi is putting together, and which I really want to go to....

Can band members meet at 130PM Saturday server time instead of at 3PM server time? Please let me know if anyone can do so -- I don't expect it to take very long, we just might have a couple more pieces to test.

Ice Weasel

Yes... Just means bringing my sandwich to the computer. 

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Ashigaru Trecalia

Pick whichever time is easier for Saturday, I have absolutely no qualms about postponing to later in the day.

I must not have gotten that email - the only one I got was the first one from Lhinn. I can't seem to get the posters to load either. I'm sure whatever it all is, it's great.

I can do whatever time works best on Saturday, 1:30 or 3.

Ehn Farad

Just saw the poster via Twitter - it looks great! For those who had the same issues as me (admittedly I seem to have very unique issues), here's the poster:

Briallan
Officer

Ah yes.. sorry about the email .. I just now realized that I responded only to Lhinn and didn't do a 'reply all' ... our poster has been 'fixed' now and you can see it on the Weatherstock poster thread :)

Just so people don't get mad at me :) I am going to have to make some very quick decisions on some subjects between now and Sunday due to the short planning period, and I apologize if I don't discuss everything ahead of time with everyone as much as I would like to, and as much as we usually do.

OK, the Saturday meetup is now 130PM servertime. Rho and I are still getting together at 8PM servertime tonite (Friday) with our alts to do a bit of further testing ahead of the Saturday meetup ... again, anyone else is more than welcome to attend Friday too but I don't expect it since you all need a break.

EDIT: well posted this before I saw Rho's post above, so you don't have to look at the Weatherstock thread to see our poster anymore ... :)

Ehn Farad

You're the band leader, Bri - I am comfortable with you making whatever decisions you need to make.

I figured out what the problem was with viewing the poster - Adblock was blocking it because it has /ad in the URL. If anyone else has difficulty seeing the poster, that's the issue. You will need to either disable Adblock temporarily or whitelist the-strongfoots.net.http://the-strongfoots.net/ads/weatherstock_2014_wcs_the_remediators_600.jpg

Ice Weasel

For some reason, my ad blocker sees the images as ads.  When I pause that and refresh, the posters show up. (normally, images just appear on the page, like the screenshots).

What was the format of those images?  weird.

EDIT: LOL... oh, the joys of simultaneous posting.... Yeah, Ad Block is the issue (or the URL is, but the result is the same)

Last edited by Ice Weasel on Fri May 30, 2014 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: