Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Briallan
Officer

re: Weatherstock

Nice pix! I'm really glad we ended up doing our concert at the picnic area -- it really does look like summer party scene!

Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Ehn Farad

Cheerp wrote:

Absolutely great pics! I am glad we chose this location, it was a wonderful suggestion. Even the sudden bear listener just added to the spirit ^^

Also I think we did a wonderful job in the performance, thank you everyone for this. Very disciplined in the changes, exact communication internally, with the organisators and the audience. Perfect. Not to mention the song selection and preparation, the feedback prooves our music magicians hit it again. Thank you!

What did not work so well, on the other hand, was the start. Two people not showing up at all is just unbelievable. Unfortunately it revealed that we are mentally not well prepared for that, leading to very late decisions and a breakdown of stage plans. My impression! Maybe we should set a strict deadline before, for mai  events like this. Like make a mental cut 10min after proposed meeting time, and then rigourously plan with the people present, fixing replacements and updated stage plans at this time.

Stage plans .. well, we had even a great pic with the positions upfront. Which did not survive at all ^^ Also our stage appearance was unordered. We probably need to actually plan and _exercise_ that before. I know perfection is not achievable, but professional impression is not that far from it. And that is possible. Steps in that direction do not hurt, yes, they even do not hurt the fun. My point of view at least :)

Btw - we should also think about the end of it! How to leave the stage as a band, last point i  the public impression. Hard to think about with a cheering crowd in front :) That does not see most of the little things that went havoc, and is happy with a great show. And it was a great show we delivered! Just striving for getting better, again, so please take these opinions or suggestions as a discussion base. Not more.

.. did write too much again. Sorry happens from time to time.

I take responsibility for some of the early confusion as well. I had synced up all my music the night before and didn't even bother checking that everything was in order the day of the show. Huge oversight on my part. I apologize. Won't happen again. I don't know about two people not showing up. I agree it was disappointing but I really don't know anything about the situation so can't comment on that.

I think the stage order was pretty good considering we'd never practised, but I think that layout and the entering and leaving the stage process are things we should consider practising regularly until we get really comfortable with. It's going to be more important for the actual Weatherstock performance because our time is limited, and any delays in getting onstage will cut into our performance time. I do think it is jarring to have some people walk away, others map out or log out, etc. We should think about how to make that a bit smoother. One other small nitpick - I think minstrels should have their glowy hands turned off for shows, as it's a bit of a visual distraction. Just my opinion.

But all of those things are fairly minor details. We did an amazing job and things went so smoothly overall. Really fantastic. I loved the set we played, the banter was fun as always, Ashi and Malvy did a great job keeping us wrangled, and of course Bri was just amazing with pulling it all together.

Briallan
Officer

Well I didn't have confirmation from a couple people that they would be there which is why we had alts, but the point is correct that we should not only have been there 1/2 hour early, we should have started getting ready then so that we were ready to go at 8PM. Agreed it's not awful we started late for this concert (but agree it isn't really professional), but the main point for me is that we can't let than happen at the competition on June 14 or we won't have any time to play due to the fact that its only 15 minute show .. so yeah we do need a rehearsal so that we can feel we are ready for the competition.

Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Ehn Farad

There was a lovely review of our concert in the Lonely Mountain Free Press today:

WCS 6: The Remediators

The Weatherstock Concert Series moved on to a new and charming venue with The Remediators, the Staddle picnic area. It was a very content crowd that turned out to see the fine performance of Briallan, Krohkur, Andilras, Ringolion, Rhovanael, Siggarek, Malvy, Brytford, Radgallac, Ashigaru, Rahmat and Jepford. In addition to a unique venue, the theme was unusual: music of a tropical, Latin flavor.

The band, many of whom met and formed an alliance through the Coursera online class last autumn that focused on Lotro, led off with Wherever, Whenever and a charming Portuguese song. The very cheering and soothing rhythms made us all sway, especially to Hot-Hot-Hot, Sweet (A La La a La Long), and Livin La Vida Loca. We managed to drum up a fitting encore that began with a marvelous representation of the setlist: Oye Como Va, that classic of Latin jazz and mambo.

The Remediators, donning lovely crimson gossamer dresses and Elven tunics, are to be roundly thanked for their entertaining and satisfying performance.

--Hollyberye reporting

Briallan
Officer

Thanks for passing this on, Rho! There is certainly a lot music on Landroval these days, and we did make quite an effort to do something a little "different," so it was nice to hear that if came across to the audience that way :)

Ashigaru Trecalia

Rho, maybe it's not that crucial to have a seating chart? With the chaos that will likely be facing us at Weatherstock itself, we probably don't need to be worried that much about "No, Malvy is supposed to stand between Rahmat and Jebbob." Unless there's people who absolutely NEED to be standing at one end or another, let's just worry about having everyone there.

Ashigaru Trecalia wrote:
Rho, maybe it's not that crucial to have a seating chart? With the chaos that will likely be facing us at Weatherstock itself, we probably don't need to be worried that much about "No, Malvy is supposed to stand between Rahmat and Jebbob." Unless there's people who absolutely NEED to be standing at one end or another, let's just worry about having everyone there.

I'm less concerned about where we are standing, than I am about how we enter and exit the stage. I agree, it doesn't matter so much where everyone is standing, but our entrance/exit definitely needs a bit of work.

Ashigaru Trecalia

Of course, I misunderstood. I think it was more a matter of "Okay, I think we're done here." Best solution, I think, is just to file off back the way we came. Easy matter for me, I can just have Rahmat put Ashi on follow. For Bria...not so simple.

Ashigaru Trecalia wrote:
Of course, I misunderstood. I think it was more a matter of "Okay, I think we're done here." Best solution, I think, is just to file off back the way we came. Easy matter for me, I can just have Rahmat put Ashi on follow. For Bria...not so simple.

Yeah, for sure. We likely won't have much time to practice before WS anyway, but for future performances we could maybe try a couple runs to deal with it. That could maybe be the subject of one of the interim band meetings where there aren't (m)any songs to test. Since we will have a bit of a break for awhile, we could do that one weekend, just focus on stage presence stuff.

I've found when I'm carting the Jebs around, it's most natural looking if I get, for example, Jebbob to follow me, Jebford to follow Jebbob, Jebseth to follow Jebford, etc. That way they all come along in a natural looking line. If they all follow me they are clumped together in one big blob.

At Weatherstock, entering the stage area is going to be most important. It almost doesn't matter how we leave, as long as we get up on stage and ready super fast.

Mirubea

Sorry if this is a repeat, but a question about the layers - is it likely that audience members will not be able to see the band(s) because of that?

Ehn Farad

Layering isn't really a concern with Weatherstock. The organizers work really closely with the devs to ensure there are no issues with layering.

Ashigaru Trecalia

Don't they shut off layering in the Lonelands for Weatherstock?

Yes, they have Devs who take care of that for them and ensure people all end up on the same layer.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: