Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briallan
Officer

re: Band Meetup for May 25

This coming weekend we will get together at the usual time and place for band meetup. The main business will be discussing our plans for Weatherstock. The main discussion issues, I think, would probably be what type of music we should prepare/perform for Weatherstock -- there is Weatherstock itself as well as the concert series the week preceding Weatherstock.

Also, people may have some ideas for other upcoming events (we have a possible invitation to perform with the Just Abby's at some point).

Also, is there any pushback to doing Weatherstock at all?

Any other issues to discuss?

Finally, we can test some music if anyone has any ready (I probably have a few pieces). So, if you have any music you would like us to test, please let me know where it is sometime prior to the meetup (hopefully at least 24 hours before....).

Ehn Farad

I have a few songs that I think would be appropriate, I'll make sure you have them and anything else I come across in advance of the meetup.

Ehn Farad

Bri - I sent some song files over via email.

Briallan
Officer

Thanks, Rho! I will add them to the list of songs to test tomorrow. If anyone else has any songs to test, please get them to me by tomorrow before 3PM server time so that I can prepare the part assignments.

We are meeting at the usual time (9PM server) and place tomorrow (Sunday). I will make tentative part assignments based on the people who usually show up for meet up, but we can switch around depending on who actually can make it tomorrow.

Siltharan
Officer

Assuming nothing goes haywire on me (and that I actually remember to load up LOTRO ahead of time, since there's probably a lot of updates to install), I should be able to make it. Weatherstock itself, probably not as likely. :)

Ice Weasel

I don't have anything pressing that hasn't been submitted in the past;  Do we have any idea on theme for a competition set if we get slotted?

Rho and I discussed this briefly (last night? two nights back? gah... Band-vision-blur) and there are a lot of ways to approach the competition phase. I also talked to Bela Saturday morning a bit, and there will be a lottery for competing. We were one of the first to register, but they have a lot more bands than slots already and registration isn't over yet. One thing Rho and I talked about is that if we want to compete, we need to go forward as though we have a slot, put together a program, etc, and then set it aside if we don't get one.

The lead-up mini-stock events (there's a name for the series, I'm blanking on what it is) are an easier thing... a standard performance set would work, I think. We tend to be pretty picky about what gets in a set list, so I'm not really worried about razzle-dazzle for the standard series.

OH! As for a concert with the Just Abby's.... we just need to agree on theme and date, and all is good.  The Garden Party series is Fridays, 9:30 pm Server Time (which can be adjusted a bit as warranted).

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Briallan
Officer

So, the main points I think we need to discuss tonite are what concerts are we planning on doing in the next 3 weeks, and what is our plan for preparing for those concerts?

We have (at least) 3 possible concerts that we might give during this period: Weatherstock competition, Weatherstock concert series and joint concert with Abby. For each of these concerts we either need to say either we don't have time to do it, or we need music for those concerts.

For example, if we say each of these concerts is going to use music we have already tested/approved, then we have fairly little work to do and could prolly do all three. If we decide that one or more of these concerts will have a theme for which we do not already have music, then we have more work to do and may not be able to do all three. So choosing a theme for one or all of these concerts is part of the planning we need to do for the next 3 weeks. We need to make sure that we don't make plans that we don't have time to implement -- we have certainly learned this over several events we have worked on this spring.

So to finally get to Kro's issues :) no we haven't made any decisions on themes yet, and yes, I agree that we need to prepare for Weatherstock as if we are going to get selected (unless we decide to pull out of the competition for some reason).

The songs we are testing tonite do not necessarily fit any particular concert that we will do in the next 3 weeks -- I just thought that as long as we were getting together, we could use the opportunity to test music people have created recently -- these songs may or may not fit into whatever plans we make for the next 3 weeks, but I imagine we will play them eventually at some concert if they are approved.

I will have a setlist for tonite with tentative parts assignments later today (hopefully at least an hour or two before we are scheduled to meet).

Briallan
Officer

The list of songs and part assignments for songs people have requested to test tonight are here.

I would still say main business tonite is concert planning, but we will test these songs if we have time.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: