Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Briallan
Officer

re: Weatherstock Final Preparations

OK, I have updated the song list folder to include a subfolder that has a Plan B that we might execute if Ashi is called away to the other world :) If that event occurs, we might execute Plan B, or we might try to execute the main plan, with Rho and I using an extra alt each. I think doing Plan B would be safer but we can see when the time comes :)

The songs in the Plan B folder can be played by a total of 5 people, so this assumes that all band members except Ashi will be available, and that either Rho or I are able to use one of our alts to fill in the fifth slot.

So, please resync your songbook folder (or, just sync down the new Plan B subfolder, whichever is more convenient for you -- but if you just sync down Plan B, it should be a subfolder of the main song folder since this is only a backup plan, we still will do the main plan if we can ... IF I AM CONFUSING ANYONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW so that there aren't any mistakes)

Also please check the new spreadsheet, as this has additional instruments that people might be playing if we do Plan B instead of the main plan.

Last edited by Briallan on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Briallan
Officer

We had a rehearsal today at 3PM, and we learned a lot.. I have deleted my old post on 'where to stand' and am replacing it with the following one:

We start offstage and move Northeast until we get on the rockpile. Since we have 3 alts, the alts should be set to follow the person who will be standing just in front them on the rockpile. The arrows on the diagram above show which alts should be following which live player.

So, unless the alt following the leader stumbles on the big rock in the back of the pile and can't get up on the rockpile, all musicians should end up very close to their final position. Even if the alt gets stuck and can't get up on the rockpile, the alt will at least be near the rock pile and close to their final position. It is important that people with alts watch the alt to help them if they get stuck behind the pile, since if they are running in place there, they can't be put into play music mode.

As we start moving forward onto the rock pile, everyone watch where Kro goes, since we will position everyone relative to him;  so you will probably want to be just a bit behind him so that you can keep him in view. Once Kro stops, everyone can just line up in relation to where Kro is. He will stop near the middle of the rockpile, since it looks funny if any band members are standing in the air toward the forward part of the pile.

If Ashigaru can't make it, we just slice off Ashigaru and Rahmat, so no big change for anyone else. If we have any characters join us at the last minute, we will just stick them on the left side of our formation or something.

I suggest we just run onstage rather than walk .. less pretty but quicker ... :)

When we did some timings, we found that we could get up to the rockpile, go into play mode, sync the first song, and start playing within about 30 seconds -- after some practice :) So, if we do it this quickly tomorrow, we will be ready to play when the introduction ends and the timer is started. If we assume 15 seconds between songs (we can usually change instruments in about 12 seconds, but things may go wrong...), we can complete the four songs in our main set in just under 14 minutes, so we are looking good as far as timing. If we need to drop a song due to some mishap, we will decide that on-the-fly.

There will be another rehearsal tonite (Friday) at 9PM if people who didn't go to the first rehearsal want to practice... all my alts are now on Weathertop so I think we are pretty much set as far as alt attendance :)

Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Briallan
Officer

Yes, I said that, but I after thinking more about it I decided not to :) ... the main reason is that I want Ashi's alt to follow Ashi and my alt to follow me so that people were as close to their alts as possible, so that they could see where their alts are easier in case they got stuck... also ashi and I both practiced routes up the rockpile with our own alts that seemed to work well. So I left both of Rho's toons in the middle so that she could make any adjustment needed-- Rho will just set herself up out of range of Jebfords' theo, or she can turn Jebford slightly left or right so that his instrument doesn't poke Rho... since she controls both characters....

Ehn Farad

Yeah, not worried about the theorbo, I will make any adjustments needed.

Briallan
Officer

OH last thing,..... With all the chatter today, we should each create a separate chat tab that has ONLY the Raid and Standard filters turned on ... Raid so we can see our raid chat, and Standard so that we can see the sync and play messages (did a little test right now and verified that this works). Maybe also enable whatever the backstage channel is (for me its userchat2, but will vary from person to person of course).

If we just watch the regular chat window with all or most filters enabled, i'm afraid the sync messages will scroll off so quick we won't be able to track them easily.

Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Ice Weasel

That's how I do it, too.

I actually drag that tab to a window all by itself, then I filter the regular one for things like tells and other channels I want to see, but can ignore for a while in my response (my kin-chat goes there, for example, so after the show I can respond to anything there).

It's less confusing than it sounds, really! LOL

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Ehn Farad

Don't forget the /backstage channel.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: