Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briallan
Officer

re: Pre-Weathertock band meetups

I would like to schedule the next band meetup this weekend so that all our current band members can attend and have a say in what we do at Weatherstock. 9PM server time is pretty late for Malvy, so I am proposing that our next meetup be Saturday afternoon-ish server time ... maybe 2PM on Saturday, June 7? Would that work for people? Please let me know ... early Sunday June 8 is another possibility.

Ehn Farad

Unfortunately Saturday is completely out for me, but earlier Sunday could work. If it was at 5PM Sunday it would not conflict with any of the concerts happening that day, but any time Sunday would be OK with me.

Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Ice Weasel

Even without my computer trouble, Saturday afternoon is a no-go for me.

Starlight Orchestra's WCS is Saturday at 2pm ST.  If I can keep from crashing, or get my problem resolved, I'll have to be there.

I'm having serious hardware issues...  I may need to get a new SSD, and that might not happen for a week.

Just a heads up that I might be out of game until i get this fixed. 

This is what comes of using a laptop 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, since I got it in 2010.   It's been a trouper, but I think I may have tired it out.

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Ehn Farad

Poor Kro!! There really is nothing worse than computer problems. I hope things get sorted out for you soon. I am planning on attending your TSO performance this weekend - I LOVE TSO. I hope you'll be able to make it. 

Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

GDPR#3463094
Ice Weasel

I've been days trying to isolate it... I've had people scouring logs and system dumps... can't pin it down. Could be the GPU, or the SSD... and that would be bad. (big $$)

I'm actually looking at buying a refurb laptop just to get in game solidly. (And that's blowing the budget into the stratosphere.)

Thanks for the good wishes... I'm about ready to invest in a rabbit's foot, and just hide it from Fincin.

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

GDPR#3463094
Briallan
Officer

Uh... well due to difficulties in finding an alternate time, I am leaving the current 9PM server time Sunday, June 8, meeting on the calendar (which I don't expect Malvy to be present at). However, I will be scheduling at least one additional session after that (at an earlier time of the day). We might not be able to get everyone in the room at the same time, but we can still prepare and rehearse our plan before the competition.

Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

GDPR#3463094
Ehn Farad

We were talking about an EDM set, and that would be something that would really get people out of their seats. Properly executed, there are ways the music system could be pushed to generate a sound and a vibe that people don't hear every day, as well. Lyrics might be a tricky thing to rely on for Weatherstock, because a lot of people turn off /say and chat bubbles to get rid of the text spam. Still, it would be cool for those who can see it. It's true that whatever we do, it should be very upbeat. We are the final band of the day and it would be great if we could end things with a big bang!

Ashigaru Trecalia

I think it a very bad idea to rely on anything with lyrics for Weatherstock, if for no other reason than there will be so many emoted lines that anything you say will be scrolled off the screen as quickly as it comes up, so no one will see them anyways, and it's just adding another cog to a machine that already has so many moving parts in it.

All these are very good points ...by the way, there is an email conversation going on in the background where we are discussing these same subjects, so I am going to respond to some of those points there. On the issue of what we know about the expected audience age, etc., I don't know ... I have the feeling from some discussions with Kro that the average age might be higher than 25-35, at least among people who go to musical events but I personally don't have any info on that subject.

Ehn Farad

Briallan wrote:

All these are very good points ...by the way, there is an email conversation going on in the background where we are discussing these same subjects, so I am going to respond to some of those points there. On the issue of what we know about the expected audience age, etc., I don't know ... I have the feeling from some discussions with Kro that the average age might be higher than 25-35, at least among people who go to musical events but I personally don't have any info on that subject.

There is no reliable way to predict age range. Lots of people talk about it, but there isn't any actual demographic data, and no real way to accurately poll it. I don't think age range is a huge consideration anyway. People will respond to good music and an enthusiastic performance. People come from all over the place, from other servers, from a variety of countries and backgrounds and playstyles.

Here are a few pics from the last 2 years of Weatherstock. The nudist one is my personal fave.

The procession at the beginning of the event the year before last, of people to Weathertop. As you can see it's insane. Like, completely impossible to move, it's like a total slide show.

Here's the top at the very beginning of the event. The bigger crowds tend to be at the later shows.

Here's last year about mid-day. The nudist look is hilarious to me for some reason.

Later in the day it becomes very packed indeed...

That's why it's good to get there at least an hour early so that everything loads in and you can sort of adjust to the mayhem a bit.

Briallan
Officer

OK here are the songs and part assignments for the meetup tonight (usual time and usual place ... 9PM at Courserrim kinhouse) .. I ended up doing them as two subfolders and two speadsheets since I did them at different times today.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: