Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Briallan
Officer

re: Festival of the White Lady (band event)

The Remediators will be playing for the Festival of the White Lady, to be held at 7PM EDT / server time on Saturday, July 19th. It is basically a procession thru Bree that lasts about an hour, with stops at several locations to listen and dance to music .. so basically the idea is that band will be waiting at each stop and will play for the procession as they arrive (so we basically need to hot-foot it from one location to another to be ready for the procession as it arrives at its next stop.

So could band members please let me know if you can perform on this date and time?

I will add more details here as we get closer to the event. By the way, we do NOT currently have any band meetups on the schedule, but we will resume meetups once we have sufficient music to test for this and any other upcoming events.

Ashigaru Trecalia

Seeing as I'm the one who brought this to your attention, I better be able to do it!

Sorry it's been ages since I've been on here and there's been so much activity in the forums that I must have missed this one. Rho and the Jebs would be available, depending on the timeframe.

Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Briallan
Officer

Glad so many people can make it! As I mentioned in the first post, the event will start at 7PM EDT / server time on Saturday, July 19th. I was told it should last about an hour, so I think we should be done by 8:15 EDT /server time.

Will soon schedule meetups and provide some background information about the type of music we should be considering for the show.

Briallan
Officer

OK here is some background about the music .. I had a chat with the event organizer (Luinori), and here is his guidance about what the type of music he thinks would be appropriate for the event: songs that typify LGBTQ acceptance, songs about friendship, songs that are danceable. He also mentioned that songs that have gone over well in the past include music of Madonna and Lady Gaga.

We certainly have a lot of music from previous concerts that would fit in the dance/pop category, but it's sort of fun to create new music as well.

As far as meetups, I would propose that we meet the two weekends  of July 5 and July 12 to test music, and then the concert is July 19. Also, I am wondering if we could meet earlier in the day than 9PM .. so far, that's been the only time we've been able to get the majority of the band together, but that's way too late for Cheerp to attend. Would noon or 1PM Saturday or Sunday work for people as a regular meetup time?

Ehn Farad

I should be able to do some meet-ups, but I don't think I'd be able to stay much longer than an hour or so. It's a busy month for me. Earlier should be OK for me, either day.

Just FYI I think when the Courserrim forums are really busy as they appear to be lately, it might be a good idea to shoot a quick email out to band members, as well as making the post, just to make sure they see it. It's easy for a post to get buried quickly when there's a lot of activity in the forums.

Briallan
Officer

Yes, good point, Rho, about emailing current band members ... I will do that in the future.

Briallan
Officer

I would like to propose Saturday at 2PM server time as the time for our next two meetups (July 5 and July 12). Will this work for people? I am hoping to find a time that would work for people both in Europe and the Americas. Please let me know if you can make this, or if not, could you make a somewhat adjusted time?

Ehn Farad

I should be able to make those times. If anything changes I will let you know.

Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

GDPR#3463094
Briallan
Officer

OK! I have put 2PM Saturday July 5 and 2PM Saturday July 12 on the calendar as band meetups to prepare for the Festival of the White Lady.

Earlier in this thread I discussed what the organizer requested as musical themes for the concert. Here is a list of new ABC files I've recently created that I think might fit the theme. And here is a list of songs from previous concerts that we might consider using as well. Let me know if you have any particular songs that you would like to see added to the list. I think we need about an hour of music plus possible encores.

The first song folder also contains some lyrics we might do (often both the original version of the lyrics and the LOTRO-fied version). I don't really consider myself a lyricist so I'd by happy for some feedback if you think something just doesn't work).

I will add a list of part assignments for the meetup when we get a bit closer to the meetup date.

Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

GDPR#3463094
Briallan
Officer

I think we do have a version of "over the rainbow" ... i'll look, and if we don't have one, I can make one.

Briallan
Officer

Okay,  here is a link to the songs and parts assignments for Saturday's concert! Please download these and check the parts assignment spreadsheet and make sure you have and can play all the instruments that you have been assigned.

I am expecting the following band members to play tomorrow: Rhovanael, Jebseth, Ashigaru, Rahmat, Malvy, Siltharan, Sygfreed (and of course me and my alts will be there as well).

The concert starts at 7PM server time (Eastern Daylight Time), so please assemble at the Bree West Gate no later than 630PM so that we can set up. Please don't wait to the last minute to log in: if you have to apply any LOTRO updates, it could take a bit of time, and we need to start on time, since we are coordinating our activities with the marchers in the parade.

Concert tasks:

Ashigaru: make sure everyone is synced

Malvy: make sure people who are supposed to change instruments change them

Siltharan: form Raid during initial setup; double check that everyone is synced

Briallan: hit play button

Please see the next two posts for where we will set up and play during the parade.

Last edited by Briallan on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:58 am; edited 2 times in total

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: