Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> The Memory Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briallan
Officer

re: Course Syllabus for Summer 2014 session has been posted.

The syllabus for the summer 2014 session of the Coursera course "Online Games: Literature, New Media, and Narrative" has been posted.

For the most part, the in-game assignments the students on the distinction track will be doing are the same as last year. The one thing I see that is different is that on Week 2, one way of completing the in-game assignment is: "If you are in one of the four Coursera kinships (Vicarious Universe on Gladden, Courserrim on Landroval, Coursera on Laurelin, or Eagles of Thorondor on Meneldor), participate in the games planned for Saturday, July 26, 2014"

As I've mentioned elsewhere, we do plan on holding events in connection with this course session, both of a social nature, and in support of the in-game assignments. I am not quite sure of the nature of the 'games' mentioned for week 2, but I am sure we will get more detail as we get closer to the start of the course :)

Last edited by Briallan on Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Ice Weasel

Tag, or Hobnanigans if it's running?  Tag was a lot of fun during the first class, and I think a chicken-hockey game would be a blast.

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Briallan
Officer

Ah, well, according the syllabus, it's tag during Week 6 -- maybe we could suggest Hobnanigans as an alternative if it's running during that week of class.

Albertine_Courserrim

Last year for one of the parties we did some horse racing with some nominal prizes which went down quite well. But will the newbies be a high enough level for horse racing by then?

Or maybe we could just do a foot race on one of the horse racing tracks?

Herbegar

re: Course Forums are now online!

Hey, Courserrim! Just a friendly heads-up that the new course forums are now live, including the Landroval forum. It's probably worth posting a bit about the Courserrim there soon 

Briallan
Officer

Oh thanks for the notice! I did prepare an initial post, so I'll go ahead and add that soon!

Ravynne Laergul

Sapience has posted a TENTATIVE schedule of events for the next 3 months. These may change, depending on updates, technical issues, etc. It may make it easier to help plan some events.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?551891-Official-Summer-Time-Events-(Tentative)

Hope this is a help. :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: