Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Briallan
Officer

re: Winterstock II

As many of you know, The Remediators played the first Winterstock early in this year, and we are planning on performing again for the second edition of this event this coming January.

Winterstock is a four-day event! It will start on Friday, January 16, and run until Monday, January 19 (although it may seem odd to have a festival on Monday, Monday is a holiday in the U.S. -- Martin Luther King day).

Could band members please let me know what dates/time would work for them? The reason I want to know early is so that I already know what date/times work for us as soon as signup for this event opens (so we can jump on a spot that will both work for us and, if possible, be a time when a good-sized audience is likely).  I understand that this is early to ask, and that peoples' plans may change, but please give me your best guess now, and update your response if your plans change in the meantime.

Ashigaru Trecalia

I believe we usually get that day off, so the only thing I'd have to say is that I'd prefer to avoid times around the 6:00 to 7:30 servertime range, as that's when I'm most likely to be nomming on din-din.

GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Briallan
Officer

A few days ago I had a chat with Geoffroi of LMB, and I've requested a Saturday Jan. 17 slot between 4-6pm ... no promises yet from the organizers as to whether we will get a slot in that time range, but at least we've got our bid in :)

Briallan
Officer

At last meetup, we discussed doing a costume based on the snowy dress and wintry robe ... here are four possible color options I thought might be the most workable one .. they are, going clockwise from upper left: navy, rose, yellow and sea blue.

Of these options, I am not that partial to navy since I don't think the men and women's outfits look that coordinated with each other when they are both dyed that color. While the rose and yellow may not seem very intuitive choices for a winter performance, I think it helps make the men's and women's outfits look more connected (the sea blue does that too I think), and the rose and yellow help make the costumes more distinctive .. in other words, it helps make them stand out as costumes, and distinguishes them from the vanilla outfits that many people might get from frostbluff and just wear 'as is'. Also blue and yellow are complementary colors, so that helps as well. since both the women's and men's outfits have a snowflake motif, we still get the winter concept regardless of what color we pick

Let me know (either on this thread or mail to lotro.remediators@gmail.com) if you have any preferences  on these ... at a minimum I would like to exclude any color choice that people really don't like :)

Oh last thing .. one of our other band members may be working up a costume idea as well, but based on some other outfit/outfits .. if they finish it before we have to make a decision, I'll post it here.

Once we decide on a basic theme, we can finalize accessories, boots, gloves and stuff like that.

color options

Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Briallan
Officer

We have a maximum rank guild scholar in the kinship (Bredhe) so I am hoping we can get the yellow dye if that's what we choose. As far as accessories, I am fine with leaving that to individual taste, but I thought it might be nice if we could provide an option for people who don't want to customize their outfit themselves.

Ashigaru Trecalia

I am hardly what you might call "fashionaaabluh" (thank you, Bravely Default), but that Yellow color just makes me cringe.  (and of course, if you needed further dye, there is Master Guardsman Lieselotte)

Ok, we've eliminated yellow as a possibility then :)

Ashigaru Trecalia

Also, places to look for accessories include the skirmish camp (if you need Marks/Medallions, we can get those), your local Tailor's grimoire, and any rep vendors you have access to!

Officer

I like the navy, sea blue, and rose just fine, but I agree that the two outfits in navy don't coordinate as well. I have 5 sea blue, 12 navy, and 5 rose dyes, if anyone needs them. I'll bring them to the meetup.

Briallan
Officer

After some collective discussion over the last few days, here is final costume plan for Winterstock:

Men characters are all dressed in the exact outfit shown below .. the only men are my alts and Baudhaegas.

For women characters, the basic outfit is the Snowy Dress which is dyed sea blue. Women are free to accessorize this dress as they wish, but please select accessories that don't clash with what the men are wearing. The basic colors of the costumes, as you can see here, are navy blue (the main color of the Snowy Dress); the sea blue of the bodice of the dress, which matches the sea blue in the men's outfit, white in both men's and women's outfits, the touches of yellow in the piping around the men's shoulder-wear and gloves, and the touches of black in the cloaks and men's gear. So, generally, please stick to these colors. The black and yellow are thus sort of minor colors in the overall scheme.

For example, in my outfit, I am wearing the same cloak as the men (Wintertide Cloak, dyed sea blue), and I'm wearing the Circlet of Men (which provides hints of yellow to my outfit that pretty much matches the yellow in the mens' outfits. You don't need to wear exactly those same accessories of course, but this is just one idea how to accessorize.

I will be mailing out the Snowy Dress and the Wintertide Cloak to Falleriel and Raventrick (I think all the other women characters already have it). If anyone has any costume issues they need help with or would like to discuss, please respond on this thread, PM me on the website, send me lotro mail, or email me at my gmail address for those that have that. The Winter Festival has been extended for two days, so we can still get more these outfits if we need them :)

front

back

accessory

Ashigaru Trecalia

If additional dye is needed, Lieselotte can attend to it.  If you wish to accessorize with something from the skirmish camp and need Marks and Medallions, contact me and we'll run you through a Helm's Dike duo battle to get you some.

Ok band members! Here is the final info post for Winterstock preparations:

Here is the link to the songs and part assignments  for the show; please check to make sure this makes sense for your characters (things like, you can actually play all the instruments I've assigned you to play, you aren't assigned to play two instruments for the same songs, stuff like that). If you have not used dropbox before, this is a public link, so you don't need to create an account; you can download the entire set of ABCs and the spreadsheet showing the part assignments as a single zip file from the dropbox interface.

Songs numbered 1 - 13 are the songs we expect to play for our 'official' set. Since our set ends at the end of the afternoon segment of the show, it is *possible* that we may play some or all of the remaining songs (numbered 90-95) as some sort of encore after the afternoon segment of Winterstock is over (there is a three-hour break from when we end our set till the evening segment starts), but this depends on a lot of factors .. like, if the audience wants more music, what other bands or individual musicians might be hanging around and wanting to play, stuff like that ...

Characters expected to be present are: Ashigaru, Rahmat, Falleriel, Malvy, Mirvie, Baudhaegas, Glofinwing, Raventrick as well as me and my alts. Mirvie and my alts Andilras, Ringolion and Radgallac are currently in reserve (they don't have any parts assigned to them), but they should all be present if possible in case of unforeseen issues arising. We may adjust part assignments on-the-fly, if it makes sense, or if we need to for some reason.

All band members please do the following:

• Please arrive at the entrance to the silver deep mine (14.5S, 101.9W) no later than 430pm server time on Saturday (Jan. 17), so that we can raid up and do a quick sound check
  • Please bring all instruments that you are assigned to play
  • Consider reducing your overall graphics quality to low, since there will probably be a good size audience for this show .. if your computer is trying to process too much graphic info at one time (which it does when you are in a large crowd), you may get quite a lot of lag when trying to move your character around

Tasks for before and during the concert:

• I will form the raid before we go on.
  • Malvy is in charge of making sure all parts are synced for each song (usually Ashi does this, but she's a bit under the weather right now); I will double check and act as backup in case Malvy loses connection or something like that.
  • Usually, I will be the one to hit the play sync button; however, if someone is singing, they will do this instead, to make sure that we don't start the song until the singer has the song all set up and ready to go in lyrical
  • It would be nice if someone volunteers to check to make sure that everyone has changed instruments properly as needed for each song (you can do this more easily if you set your viewpoint to be looking at the band from where the audience is) .. maybe I will do this with one of my unused alts if no one else volunteers

Here is the standing chart ... the shorter people are in front and the taller elves are in back .. also singers are in front if possible. We will set up on a little snow outcropping on the frozen pond, and the audience will be on the pond itself (same place as last year).

Ashigaru Trecalia

Checked the song parts in Songbook, no duplicate names on them, so that will ease Malvy's work a bit.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: