Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> The Kinship Crier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daffodilia

re: Walk to Rivendell, Sunday May 17th at 6:30p, ST

For those who might not know, the kin Leaves of Laurelin, where I happen to have a few folk, have been hosting walks to Rivendell for years now.  It is one way (out of many) to get low level folks to Rivendell safely.   

The walk begins outside the South Gate of Bree--we usually sprawl towards the Skirmish Camp as they are rarely small events.  We hope to leave as close to 6:30pm Server Time as humanly possible.  This is not an event that will end in a half hour or even an hour.  There will be breaks along the way. 

If you are wondering if this could be your last ditch attempt to get your chicken to Rivendell, please go to the ***note after the annoucement.

And by walk, we mean walking pace.  Attained by toggling your insert or delete key (or whatever you keymapped to it). 

This is an RP event, though it is light-medium grade at best, given the wide spread of folk that attend.  You do not have to RP, but please be mindful of things like not trampling folk if you are arriving on your steed, for instance.  Please refrain from using forced emotes on or near strangers. If you want to goof with your friends--have at it--just make sure to leave a wide berth for error when using an AOE FE.    If you do RP, feel free to bring a story.  It is a loooooooonnnnnnngggggg walk.

If you are a hasty folk, desperately wanting to get to Rivendell RIGHT NOW--this walk is not for you.  Beg/Hire a hunter on your own time to take you on their secret path.

Please note, the walk does not stop at every stable along the way.

*** I have been told to advise for folks who want to bring their Spring Chickens, that even though you get 2 hours and 30 minutes on your timer for the Trollshaws quest, you might not have enough time to get to Rivendell during this walk--in fact you may be painfully close and then run out of time.  If you have completed Flying the Coop: Trollshaws, but still have other FTC quests left, ALL of them have shorter timers than the Trollshaws, and you'll be lucky if you make it to Last Bridge.  Goldies (Free Range) should not run out of time unless they started their session at 1pm that day. 

"Bu...bu...but it's 2 1/2 hours!", You cry. lower lip quivering. 
1) You have to leave the Shire beforehand in order to be at the walk on time.
2) Now that you're on time, it doesn't mean the Freeps will leave exactly when you arrive.

Something to note: unlike when you are running with Chicken Tenders, the "Tenders" in this case are focused on protecting low level Freeps.  So, it's not fair to expect the walk Tenders to watch over you and them.

You, of course, as a Spring Chicken are welcome to still try to get your chicken to Rivendell during the walk, but please do not expect by any means whatsoever that you will absolutely positively have no chance of running out of your timer.

In case you are wondering, yes, I love being a chicken to death.  I still will be on one of my Freeps for the walk--not any of my chickens.

Re chickens: Two and a half hours is definitely not enough to pull this off if the humanoid characters are traveling at walking speed.  If you really need to get your chicken to Rivendell and can't make any of the scheduled events for that listed in the Chicken Week posting, just ask for help on the coursera channel.  The experienced players may enjoy the challenge of an impromptu tending run!

I don't have an alt problem, I have a control problem.
Daffodilia

Just to see, I did a frentic run from the Farm to South Gate yesterday to see how fast I could get there using Fowl Fleetness as often as it was available.  (And please note, the path was very as the crow flies without swimming, and not nearly as safe as most folks would like). 

I plan to try it again at least twice, once by day and once by night to get an average, but I'm thinking it will be just under 15 minutes, with FF just becoming available again while in Bree Town.

I will try to find some time (just because) next week to see how long it would take a chicken to dash to Bree then walk to at least the Fords, stopping at the usual stables I know Leaves go to.  Then we can say with at least one timed trial how much time would be left for the Hill then noting it doesn't take off time spent forming up the raid parties for the walk.

A long time ago, I did walk a chicken to Rivendell just so see if I could and how long it might take (why yes, I was Free Wingin' it, why do you ask?), but some kind folks found me on the Hill and then I had t' run the rest of the way since it was impossible to explain why I was walking and they were very eager to help.  (Lots of beckoning and jumping was involved.)  I think I was maybe at around an hour and a half by the Hill where I got found?  But I didn't stop along the way, and I also didn't FF from the Farm to Bree, I really did walk the whole way until I stumbled upon the nice folks...hence my desire to try another go for timing's sake.

Anyhooo....these are the sorts of silly things I do when I can't sleep at night.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: