Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Briallan
Officer

Scrop mentioned he was taking it .. not sure if anyone else is .. but, as the hard deadlines for the quizzes are not till September, there is still plenty of time to finish it for 'credit' if you start this week :) Also, even if you don't do the course for credit, it's just a good basic course, and it will prepare you well for advanced courses on the subject.

Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

GDPR#3463094
Briallan
Officer

So, if you are finding that this is already stuff you know, what I would recommend is the following:

There is really good Coursera course called Write Like Mozart that is usually offered in January that is more advanced and actually includes composition exercises. I took this one myself and I really got a lot out of it.

MIT (yes, MIT!) has put the content of their music courses online. These are a wide variety of subjects, like advanced harmony and counterpoint that might be interested. I haven't really looked at them in detail yet though. Go that that link and type "music" in the search box and you will find them.

There are also several other Coursera courses on music, some of which I have taken and found useful, but they don't go into music theory as much. Here is one that I have taken .. it does discuss different music forms and genres so you might find it interesting.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: