Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> The Memory Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Raventrick

re: Kinship Activities (Music, gatherings)

I just purchased a lute this week. I'll be there next Sunday, hopefully with some playing skills!

Briallan
Officer

That's great -- you've got a whole week to practice!

Siltharan
Officer

I was looking through the thread + others to try to figure out who it was that was converting from MIDI to ABC. I'd love to do a multi-part of the opera music from FF3/6, Aria di Mezzo Carratere, or Celes's Theme. Looking around briefly, I found the MIDI for it. Could be several parts (counted at least 3-4, provided we don't double).

Briallan
Officer

Dendrolis wrote:
Hey, love the idea of a band.

Character name: Dendroc
Instrument: minstrel, so can play all, but fav is harp
Favorite song (preferably one that's already been ABC'd): I like Regina Spektor stuff, Ben Folds. I've been finding midi files and running them through maestro to transcribe them to abc format.
Availability (Days/times): varied - due to work schedule
Any other info/comments: Hopefully I can get up to 30 soon so I can start learning to mentor folks as well.

Silth, I think this might be the post you were thinking of (it's earlier in this thread). I also did some MIDI -> ABC conversions with Digero's original tool when I first started playing, but he has a new tool out (since August) called Maestro, that I haven't tried yet. From talking with the Sunset Knights guy, Maestro handles drum conversion better than some of the earlier converters.

If you put the MIDI files someplace public, we will get them converted (I'm planning on getting back into music in a couple days after I get my week 6 assignments completed).

Also, here is the link to the music forum discussion of Maestro (including how to download it), since I'll bet some other people have interest in this as well: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?522150-Maestro-MIDI-to-ABC-converter-for-LOTRO

In fact, the whole music system forum is a wealth of info for anyone who wants to create music for LOTRO.

Ice Weasel

I've done a few conversions, my problem on my multi-part conversions is that about the time I started doing them, my kin went down to one other musician, and she only plays irregularly.  So, a lot of those are... (being charitable) "Untested". Okay, it means that they may break eardrums. 

They are in my Dropbox LOTRO Music folder, in an archive named "MultipartABC_1.rar"  If anyone wants to look and buff em up, I am all for that. (MultipartABC-2.rar is a collection I picked up from... not sure where, one of the ABC sites. I haven't gone through all those, either, but there are some well-known transcriptionists in there, so I have hope.)

My other ABC conversions were solo files, but I might revisit the midi sources.  I also used the older tool, but have downloaded Maestro and it looks great!

Remember, too, for small combos (duos and trios, mostly) you can play any solo file in Sync mode, and many sound REALLY good, say with a Lute and Harp. Harp handles chords and fullness of the notes, while Lute is crisper and has better attack (Harp has better sustain). Harp/Lute sounds really good on a lot of old Rock classics (Beatles, CSNY, Simon and Garfunkel) and on some of the Blues and Jazz standards. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qtdsank13wfq4c1/yBnAzIuaWh

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Siltharan
Officer

I was actually doing some research last night on converting MIDI to ABC using the LOTRO MIDI Player. Fooled around with it a bit, though I plan on trying to put something together for the MIDI I shared in the next few days, when I have free time.

Briallan
Officer

Keep in mind that the LOTRO Midi Player is Digero's older tool -- Maestro is the new and improved one.

Siltharan
Officer

Thanks. I had no idea about Maestro, since it doesn't seem to be linked from the LOTRO MIDI Player's page (except in the creator's forum signature). Downloading now, but then I have to head off to work!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> The Memory Vault All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: