Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> The Kinship Crier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briallan
Officer

re: "Put yourself on the map" feature is now working

If you click on the "Kinship Roster" link at the top of the page, and then click on the "Maps" tab, you can find and enter your latitude/longitude, and your member name will appear on the map of a world. Even though people play at different times of the day, this might be useful for trying to determine what time zones people are in, when trying to arrange group events.

The linked site that allows you to find your latitude/longitude provides your coordinates in several different formats. However, the text boxes where you enter latitude and longitude seem to require a single positive or negative floating point number for each, e.g.:

latitude: 47.672998
longitude: -122.118465
Briallan
Officer

re: "Put yourself on the map" feature is now working

Now that we have a lot of new members for this site, I would like to add another nudge to encourage people to use the "map" feature which allows you put a pushpin indicating your location on a map of the world.

People do have very real concerns about privacy -- but the real point of this feature, in my mind anyway, is that you can see what time zones people are in, which can help in trying to schedule events or in-game meetups. So, as long as your location truly indicates your time zone, it doesn't matter if its north or south of the city or town you actually live in.

Anyway, I promise not to show up at your house demanding a meal! (unlike a band of dwarves we know....)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> The Kinship Crier All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: