Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briallan
Officer

re: Everly Brothers Tribute Concert

As some of you know, musician Phil Everly passed away recently, and Krokur and I have been working on a short concert to honor his memory and influence on the music world. It would make sense to do the show this weekend due to its timeliness, and Sunday seems to be a good time, as most band members tend to be available that night. If we do this on our own, we could do it at 9pm which is our usual band meetup time. If we get an offer to appear with Les Beaux Chapeaux this weekend, we would do it at 10pm.

Could band members please respond on this thread as to whether they could perform this Sunday, Jan. 12 (at either 9pm or 10pm, depending on circumstances)? I know Dend will be unavailable due to travel on that date, but I am hoping that many of the other band members can make it. I would like to post this info on publicity channels in the next day or so if we are going to do it.

Ice Weasel

I am available.

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Hobbelion

I can do it either time.

Siltharan
Officer

I'm good (off work) either way. :)

Briallan
Officer

OK, looks like we have enough people (with alts) to perform this Sunday Jan. 12 at 9PM (we will be guesting with Les Beaux Chapeaux next weekend at Winterstock, not this weekend, so this weekend we will do our own thing). If any band members who haven't responded yet want to play on the 12th, you are quite welcome to join us -- please let me know if you can!

Here is what I am proposing as the set list for this Sunday:

• Be Bop a Lula
  • Devoted to You
  • Dream Dream Dream
  • When will I Be loved
  • Bus Stop (Hollies)
  • Cecelia (Simon & Garfunkel)
  • Help Me Rhonda (Beach Boys)
  • The Night Before (Beatles)

Possible encore numbers:

• Walk Don't Run
  • Louie Louie
  • Freebird

Please give me any feedback in the next few days so we can finalize the songs and who plays what. Here is a link to the folder that contains ABCs for the proposed songs.

Krokhur, as this concert is your baby, I'm hoping that you can do the introductions, and chat up the audience as to what we are doing and why.

Ice Weasel

Oh! I love "Walk Don't Run"!

Nice set list, Bri! As for intros, etc, no trouble. I've been looking at using Lyrical to do that, so I don't blow prepping a song while blathering (and it lets me script the majority of comments, too). 

Now... what to wear?!?  Any thoughts? I don't think that formal is right, but neither is the "overall" look ... 

(I'll post to the Winterstock thread on my thought for those.)

Ice Weasel

Have we done any promoting yet? And I'm assuming we're talking the House of the Courserrim for location? 
I'm thinking just our "concert blacks" like we wore at New Years Day... That work for everyone? I can issue new dye if you want to go a color... it isn't a funeral, after all, but a tribute. 

All I can find on The Everly Brothers, image-wise, they wore narrow-lapel suits with narrow ties and those crazy pompadour hair styles.

Briallan
Officer

Well, I sent out the announcement on our Twitter feed. I also sent a message to LotroArtists.com Thursday night asking them to put our event on their calendar, but they haven't done so yet (they usually do that within a couple days of my sending it to them). Since this was announced with sort of short notice (as I was waiting to hear from Les Beaux Chapeau to see if they wanted us for this weekend), I said we would perform at the Prancing Pony Stage at 9PM Sunday, so we could pickup some passers-by, and we can also announce it on the Bree regional and on the alesandtales channel about an hour before the event. I put the event on our calendar -- could someone put the announcement on the Remediators and the LOTRO Landroval facebook pages as well?

The same outfit as new year's day seems fine.

Actually, one thing I've been thinking about -- we *might* consider having concerts at regular dates and times. The advantage would be that if we had a regular audience, they would always know when and where we are playing, and we don't have to do last-minute publicity and hope it's effective. A lot of the more established bands do this. However, we aren't really that established a band yet -- some have been around for 5 or 6 years -- and I wonder how much of an established audience we have, and how much we are relying on passers-by and people who see the announcements on the chat channels. Something to think about I guess.

I will publish the list of who plays what later tonite or early sunday. I will also number the ABC files so that they reflect play order.

Ice Weasel

Cool.

I'll do the Facebook pages, and do some Regional announcements tonight and tomorrow... 

I'll get my intros and banter into Lyrical, too. 

I mailed you the Winterstock outfits, Bri (if you could Wardrobe them and pass on to the next in line)... If anyone needs the Black Velvet concert look, let me know ASAP and I'll mail it out.

Thanks!

Hobbelion

I think I need it since I wasn't here for the New year's concert. I'll share with Hobbedoc.

Ice Weasel

Bri has a man's set in black already... she's mailing that to you. Just send it back to her when done.

Winterstock outfits will be working their way through the mails this week, as well. 

Briallan
Officer

Hello Band Members! The ABCs for tonite's concert are here. The list of who plays which part is in the File Library of the Gallery (it's the only file up there, setlist 1_12.xslx).

I'm expecting the following characters to show up tonight, based on responses earlier in this thread: Krokhur, Siltharan, Hobbelion, Hobbedoc, Briallan, Ringolion and Andilras. Other of my alts will be on hand to fill in if needed. If any other band members in addition to those listed above wish to play tonight, please reply on this thread or PM me sometime today.

The concert is at the stage across from the Prancing Pony at 9PM EST. See you there, guys!

Hobbelion

If you don't mind, let Hobbedoc take Andilras' parts since s/he switches instruments a lot. It's quicker and easier for me to switch instruments for my main and alt on the same computer than I think it is for you, Bri.

Briallan
Officer

Sure, Hobbs, I uploaded a new setlist to change places for Hobbedoc and Andliras (it's a she, just FYI). Please make sure you have the new version, which has been renamed to setlist 1_12 revised.xlsx.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: