Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briallan
Officer

re: Instrument Training - Matching minstrels and students

I found out last night that experienced minstrels have a 5-day cooldown before they can train another student, so getting trained on an instrument by a minstrel may take a bit of advance planning. I'm hoping we can use this thread to match students who want training in a particular instrument, and minstrels who have come off cooldown and are ready to train someone again.

In particular, I'm hoping to get some someone who is interested in the band, but hasn't yet gotten any instrument training, to get trained in the flute; this would fill a hole in our band membership, and make it easier for us to switch parts on various songs. Any takers?

Siltharan
Officer

Also, I'm looking at becoming an all/around instrumentalist. Top choices right now would be Theorbo and Flute. Post in the thread or just find me in LOTRO so I can learn. :)

Ice Weasel

As of 10/21/2013 19:30 GMT, Krohkur has 2 days 8 hours to Mentoring Availability. As of this post, he is 47th level (meaning the only things he can't teach yet are Bagpipes and Moor Cowbell... he can teach normal Cowbell).

Minstrels can use a "Scribe Stance" skill with an item purchased from any Bard or Minstrel Trainer, allowing the Mentoring for an instrument to be "written" into a scroll, for mailing, as an example. (I think they can be placed in the Auction House, as well, so you may be able to pick up instrument skills there.)  Note that the cool-down for the Minstrel goes to 10 (yes, TEN) days when Scribe Stance is used.

Here is the list of Mentoring Skills:

AbilityLevelRangeDescriptionLearned from
Scribe Stance-icon.png Scribe Stance 30 25m Used with a mentor skill, creates a manual to teach instrument use Trainer
Mentor- Clarinet-icon.png Mentor : Clarinet 30 25m Instruct someone how to play the clarinet. Trainer
Mentor- Horn-icon.png Mentor : Horn 30 25m Instruct someone how to play the horn. Trainer
Mentor - Pibgorn-icon.png Mentor : Pibgorn 30 25m Instruct someone how to play the pibgorn. Trainer
Mentor- Cowbell-icon.png Mentor : Cowbell 36 25m Instruct someone how to play the cowbell. Trainer
Mentor - Bagpipes-icon.png Mentor : Bagpipes 48 25m Instruct someone how to play the bagpipes. Item
Mentor - Drums-icon.png Mentor : Drums 42 25m Instruct someone how to play the drum. Item
Mentor - Flute-icon.png Mentor : Flute 46 25m Instruct someone how to play the flute. Item
Mentor - Harp-icon.png Mentor : Harp   25m Instruct someone how to play the harp. Item
Mentor - Moor Cowbell-icon.png Mentor : Moor Cowbell 50 25m Instruct someone how to play Moor cowbell. Item
Mentor - Theorbo-icon.png Mentor : Theorbo 44 25m Instruct someone how to play the theorbo. Item

EDIT: Eeek... LOTROWiki uses transparent backgrounds on alternating rows of that chart.  >.<  Against our black background, black or dark blue text vanishes.  

Workaround: Highlight the chart with your mouse, and you can read it in reverse video.   - Krohkur

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: