Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briallan
Officer

re: Regular Band Meetup - Sunday, October 27, 9PM EST

Starting a thread relating to upcoming regular Sunday band meeting. It will be held at the Northern Lights kinship house at Bree (calendar has now been updated with actual address). Agenda will include planning a possible Halloween-themed concert, as well as usual testing and critiquing various ABC arrangements. If we have minstrels attending who are not on cool-down, this might be opportunity to get instrument training from them.

As always, new members are welcome! We had 5 people playing together last week, which was really cool! Still, it would really help to get a couple more people to round out the sound. Any newcomers with a possible interest, please respond on this thread if you have questions or would like some assistance with any aspect of the music system.

We use the songbook plugin to play music at meetups, so if you are considering attending and playing, please install that plugin. Here is the link to Siltharan's intro to the songbook which also discusses the music system in general. But, again, feel fee to ask questions in this forum if anything isn't clear.

Last edited by Briallan on Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Siltharan
Officer

+1 for attendance. I'll be there for sure. I'll also make up a new thread in a day or two (once I receive my own work schedule) regarding possible times for a Halloween concert, just to gauge availability. If I close both next Monday and Tuesday (our ideas for a concert date), I'll probably have to sit the concert out... though I tend to have one of those two days off.

Ice Weasel

I'll ask the housekeeper to be sure the stage is swept, fresh candles in the footlights, and some refreshments laid on.  

Bonus to the Band Meeting is Cliff Diving (Mounted and UnMounted Styles are welcome).

See you all there!

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Briallan
Officer

Reminder -- band meetup 9PM eastern time today at Northern Lights kinship house, 8 Long Street, Bowing, Bree Homesteads (time and address is on the calendar as well).

Agenda:

• Welcoming new members
  • Planning for Halloween Concert
  • Discuss future concerts
  • Testing / Playing music

Anyone who has an interest in the band is welcome to attend. We use the Songbook plugin (see link at bottom of post) to play music, so you might want to install that ahead of time. If you have any questions about instruments, training, or the songbook plugin, band members will be happy to help you in-game before or during the meeting tonite.

Tonite,  we will play these songs that we are planning to do at the upcoming Halloween concert (each song is followed by the link to the dropbox where it's located), so you might want to download them ahead of time:

Anyone who has other song arrangements that they'd like to play, please respond on this thread.

Finally, for band newbies, here is Siltharan's tutorial post about the music system -- if you haven't installed the Songbook plugin, it's discussed about halfway thru the post. Here is the direct link to the Songbook itself: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info380-Songbook.html

Hope to see you all tonite!

Hobbelion

Hi everyone. I'm sorry for my nonattendance at my last two meetings. I was on vacation two Sundays ago and could have tried to run LOTRO on my mother's Surface Pro (I've read it works on it), but decided against it. Since my return on Saturday, my internet has not been working and missed yesterday's meeting. I'm hoping to have internet restored tomorrow in time for the concert as I'm writing this post from work. I should be able to make the future meetings even just to test music and chat.

Looking forward to the concert tomorrow.

Briallan
Officer

Glad to have you back, Hobbs! We are actively recruiting additional band members, and we would love to have you join us for future concerts, if you have the interest. I've added regular weekly Sunday band meetups to the calendar; anyone else interested in joining us is welcome to come to the next band meetup as well.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: