Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siltharan
Officer

re: Halloween Concert - Tuesday 10/29 or Wednesday 10/30?

Now that I have my schedule, I decided to post a thread about our possible Halloween concert just to gauge availability. I'm off Tuesday, and will also be available Wednesday evening for the Halloween concert. I tentatively posted the concert for 10/29 at 9pm EST/Server Time. Would it be better then or on 10/30, the night before Halloween? How's everyone's availability either of these nights?

Songs available for setlist:

This Is Halloween - Siltharan's Dropbox

Thriller - Sil

Hedwig's Theme (from Harry Potter) - Sil

Spooks on Parade - Krohkur's Dropbox

Any others we should work on before the Sunday evening meeting?

Siltharan

Briallan
Officer

I am available either Tuesday or Wednesday for a concert. I've done 3 songs we .. might .. consider - they are not strictly Halloween, but might be considered thematically-related in some sense:

• Ghostbuster's Theme -- apparently from a movie, which I'm not familiar with .. has 'ghost' in the title, but not sure how many people would recognize it -- I don't think I've heard it before
  • Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult - reaper, get it? haha
  • Paint it Black - OK, this is a stretch but Halloween colors are black and orange :( yeah, I know...

Maybe adding rock songs would be disruptive to the concept of a Halloween set -- I don't have strong feelings about these, so I'm certainly OK if people don't think them appropriate, but if we want to do more than 4 songs we might consider them. I've added them to dropbox since they sounded OK on 1st run thru, but I might tweak them after I've listened to them a couple more times

I may have some better ideas over the next couple days....

Anyway, I am psyched about playing in public soon!

Siltharan
Officer

Ghostbusters would definitely work. Not quite sure about the others, though. Don't think there's much of a Halloween connection with them. :)

Briallan
Officer

Yeah, you're right, there's really no direct connection. OK, we'll just add Ghostbusters --  that makes 5? -- maybe I'll hunt around for another 1 or 2.

Ice Weasel

I can maybe find a couple... I did do a "Spooks on Parade", might need some "tweaking". (and as I sip coffee, I see Siltharan noted that.) :-)

I'm in serious trouble. I just found a Jazz MIDI site i hadn't known about with about a thousand files... I'll come up for air sooner or later! 

I may try to "specialize" in Jazz files... mostly small combos, some "big band" style... 

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Siltharan
Officer

Can't wait to see what you come up with, Mr. Weasel. ;)

Briallan
Officer

Ok, first concert for the Courserrim band, "The Remediators," is on for Tuesday, October 27 at 9PM EST!

Band members for first concert are: Krohkur, Raventrick, Siltharan, Dendroc, Briallan and Brytford.

Band members, please:

• meet at Campfire Hill by the Party Tree in the Shire
  • plan to be there a bit early, so we can start on time (since we'll be announcing the concert and starting time on the regional channel)
  • bring all your instruments
  • make sure you have downloaded ALL songs in the set, from the various dropboxes -- the person who's dropbox the song is in is listed in parens after the song title in the set list below). Dropbox locations are in the first post of the songlist thread.

Wow, I feel like a mom.... :)

Raventrick, note that you are listed for most of the songs below (Brytford was just sitting in for you on the 5-part songs we played earlier in practice, so you need download all those songs if you haven't done so already.

I've updated the spreadsheet showing the set list at google docs;  I've tweaked the order of songs in the set somewhat arbitrarily, so that we start with 4, and end up with 6 band members playing.  Set list is repeated here for convenience:

1 - FF7 Shinra March (Siltharan)

4 Flute Dendroc
  6 Horn Siltharan
  7 Bagpipe Krohkur
  8 Drums Briallan

2 - Ghostbusters (Briallan)

1 Lute Raventrick
  3 Theorbo Siltharan
  4 Flute Krohkur
  5 Clarinet Briallan
  8 Drums Dendroc

3 - Spooks on Parade (Krohkur)

1 Lute Raventrick
  3 Theorbo Siltharan
  5 Clarinet Briallan
  7 Bagpipe Krohkur
  8 Drums Dendroc

4 - Hedwig's Theme (Siltharan)

1 Lute Raventrick
  2 Harp Dendroc
  4 Flute Krohkur
  5 Clarinet Briallan
  6 Horn Siltharan

5 - This is Halloween (Siltharan)

1 Lute Raventrick
  2 Harp Brytford
  5 Clarinet Briallan
  6 Horn Siltharan
  7 Bagpipe Krohkur
  8 Drums Dendroc

6 - Thriller (Siltharan)

1 Lute Brytford
  3 Theorbo Raventrick
  4 Flute Krohkur
  5 Clarinet Briallan
  6 Horn Siltharan
  8 Drums Dendroc

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: