Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ice Weasel

re: Band Uniforms?

Sometimes I go overboard. Okay, a lot of the time I go overboard. 

I've bought ten of these outfits, and have dye enough to do them all either black or gold, as in the pic below.  Why Black and Gold? Vanderbilt colors, to pay homage to the class. Plus those colors look pretty good for a group. LOL... If you want, The uniforms are yours. I'll hand them out before our concert, and the dye you want. Heck, both dyes, just because I've got them. 

If you put the outfit into your Wardrobe (acessable at a Vault/Bank), you can apply the one dye to the copy in wardrobe, and then the other dye. That lets you have both colors available as cosmetics. (That's how I do it. Saves real vault space, too.)

So, Black? Gold? Both? Neither?

Possible Band Uniform Looks

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Siltharan
Officer

Hmm... Interesting. Depends on how early people get there (perhaps just mail the outfit and dye to each of us?). I was tempted to just suggest using the festival pumpkin head given by the apple barterer that I wore last night. :)

Ice Weasel

Heh.. yeah, I grabbed the pumpkin mask today.

But, yeah, I can mail stuff.

I'll do that. 

Again, if folks don't want to do it, or use something different... it's all good.  I get crazy impulses. (And I have a couple level 85's with more gold than they can use)

Briallan
Officer

Here are my thoughts on going overboard:

• "The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom" - William Blake

Here are my thoughts on black and gold uniforms:

• I don't think we should wear black and gold because they are Vanderbilt Colors -- I think we should wear black and orange BECAUSE IT'S HALLOWEEN! :)

Here are my thoughts on uniforms in general:

• I think it's fine to wear band uniforms on some occassions, but, you have to admit they make us look like a marching band. Sometimes I think we should look badass (like when we're playing Rolling Stones songs). It's hard for a marching band to look badass :)
  • Is there a miniskirt version? I'm starting to get tired of clanking around in pants and armor

Anyway, I'm pretty much up for anything that sounds like fun. Alternating black and gold uniforms (or just black .. or just gold) seems kind of funny for Halloween...

Ice Weasel

LOL.. all good points, Bri.

Not sure I can do orange dye quick enough... I'll give it a try.

I looked for a tunic look that didn't scream "drum corps" so much... but haven't found a look I can buy in bulk yet. I'll keep looking. I have female characters, and commiserate on the lack of feminine adventuring garb LOL

I'll mail this stuff, and also have some sets in my bags for anyone who needs.  And... if I could figure out how to do Halloween costumes, that would be better, no doubt. LOL

Briallan
Officer

Well, it wasn't really a serious post, I suspect you are being 'charitable' when you say they are good points, and I know there are no miniskirts.

But, really, it seems to be a major design oversight that there aren't some shorter dresses available .... I have really nice ankles and I'd like to show them off more often. I really must submit a bug report on that issue ...

Ice Weasel

LOL.. okay, fair enough.

Ice Weasel

My scholar had the materials to do Orange Dye!  

In the mail. I could do 8, so... if we need more, we'll have to alternate orange and black or something

Siltharan
Officer

Thanks for sending the dyes and such. How are we splitting up the colors? Whatever we want to wear? Hopefully we don't have an odd man out. XD

Ice Weasel

Good question... any suggestions?

Maybe by name, alphabetically, in order go black-orange-black-orange-black... ?

Siltharan
Officer

Hmm.. Perhaps. In that case, it would be:

Briallan - Black

Brytford - Orange

Dendroc - Black

Krohkur - Orange

Raventrick - Black

Siltharan - Orange

Ice Weasel

Awesome!

In Pumpkin Orange shall I be,

With a tune to play with thee.

If our songs do ghosts inspire,

I'm running like hell.

Ice Weasel

Important point was brought up about using the Wardrobe and dying in there:

To select the color of the garment you then drag to a cosmetic outfit slot on your character, once you've dyed multiple colors on the same thing, use the pull down on the bottom of the wardrobe. When the garment is selected, that pull down will have all the choices available.

Oh, and Krohkur's Cosmetic Costuming Clue number 4: I bought one hooded plain cloak and one hoodless plain cloak. In the wardrobe, I dyed them every color i could find.  I now have color coordinated cloaks for every outfit on every character. Sure, they are plain, but they match! 

Siltharan
Officer

Hehe... I'm starting to think we need to find an official band costumer. ;) For a rock concert, something black and rock-ish... Not sure what to do for the video game one, however. :D

Ice Weasel

It would be a gas to do that.. One trouble is finding suitable "cheap and/or free" cosmetics that don't bind to the account.  There are some nice outfits in the store, or at Lalia's for Mithril Coins, but I'm pretty sure those all bind. I'm up for buying stuff I need, but I'd not want to commit others to spending points or coins.

Still.. There are some nice sites with "LOTRO Fashion" that people have pulled together.  

http://lotrofashion.blogspot.com/

http://lotrostylist.wordpress.com/

http://cosmeticlotro.wordpress.com/

well, you get the idea. Google is my friend. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: