Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Hobbelion

re: Next Band Meetup / Future Concerts

Hi everybody,

I'll be there tonight, but in case anyone is reading in the meantime. I would like to test a few of my songs if we're up for it especially Duck Tales the Moon. I or someone else playing the Cowbell and I think the cowbell is a much better choice than the drums, but I could be biased.

I have dual screens so could easily download files while we're meeting. I'll download all of Silth's files before we start so that we have it ready to go.

I agree that we should do something more traditional, but concerts are always more fun when you recognize the source materials. We could notify people what we're playing when we make announcements as that would filter those who would really like to hear our video game music remediation or purists to stay away. If there was a video game concert in LOTRO and I wasn't busy, I would definitely head up to those.

Looking forward to the band practice tonight.

Ice Weasel

Dend, I probably ought to have asked you before posting that... >.<  Sometimes the Frog isn't thinking.

Have fun on your raid!  We'll miss you, but I understand about when duty calls!  (Beat the stuffing out of your enemies!)

See you next week!

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Briallan
Officer

Dend: Your spreadsheet is fine and seems to meet our limited needs for now; I can periodically make copies for safety, and we can come up with something more robust later if we need to.

Hobbs: Agree that it's good idea to broadcast ahead of time what we will be playing, to set expectations -- as you say, some people would make a point of coming for video-game music, and role-players would probably make a point of staying away :)

Briallan
Officer

Summarizing previous posts, the playlist for tonight's band meetup is:

Siltharan final fantasy Dropbox: ff3battle.abc ff3celesopera.abc ff3terra.abc  ff3kefka.abc

Briallan's test dropbox: [all 9 files]

Krokur's jazz/blues dropbox: don't_you_worry.ABC higher_ground.ABC Superstition.ABC

Hobbelion's dropbox: [all 3 files]

So, for anyone attending the band meetup, please download these into your LOTRO music folder and refresh your songbook at some point. NOTE that some of these ABCs have been refreshed recently, so you should really download them all even if you already have a copy of the file in your music folder.

Again, for anyone new to the band, existing band members should be available in-game prior to the meetup for any music-related help and questions!

Last edited by Briallan on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ice Weasel

I dropped a note and link to the YouTube of our Halloween concert to Jay Clayton.  Got a note back, just a few minutes ago.  He's been out of town since the class ended, but now that he's back in Nashville, he intends on dropping in on the Courserrim in general, and The Remediators next concert in specific. 

:-)

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Briallan
Officer

Maybe we can get him to join the band!!! :)

Siltharan
Officer

Eeeep! The next concert? Excitement!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: