Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Kin Policy and Charter
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Trower

re: Nominations for Kin Leader(s) and Officers

Please express your interest in serving as Kin leader (or co-leader) or as an Officer. You are welcome to nominate yourself or someone else you think would do a good job. Anyone nominated by other would obviously have to accept the nomination before becoming eligible for the respective position.

edit- I should mention that we are seeking Officers from a wide range of regions in order to properly give voice to members from those regions. Representation from each region in which we have substantial members is important and ideally 2 from each area would be appointed. Filling each position right away is probably being overzealous, so I think patience here is the way to go.  edit- Region should be defined by playtime and not necessarily physical geographic area. 

Also. . . I don't intend for any of this to introduce big changes to the Kin, as it's been said, things are pretty good right now, just need to add some structure to make it official going forward.

Last edited by Trower on Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Mirubea

I hope it's appropriate that I nominate Trower for one of the tri-leader positions. He (? - LOL, is that correct?) has shown a great deal of initiative in this forum regarding the organization and management of the kinship. It also seems from responses that he is generally respected by the members. I feel the kin would be well-served to have thoughtful leadership such as this.

Siltharan
Officer

Might I add that ideally, region is not quite as important as playing time. For example, I'm one hour behind server time, but I play in the mornings on my closing shift days (occasionally an hour or so at night afterward), and the evenings on my morning shifts. Days off vary based on other duties/errands. So while the regional division is a good idea, we should also post when we're likely to be on.

Edit: Plus, to outline the thought of needing a leadership structure, the thought is that some level of structure and organization to the kin helps make it seem more welcoming and worthwhile for new members to join. I've spoken with Trower and other kin members on that, and we all seem to be in agreement there.

Gilhilde

I'd like to nominate both Siltharan and Briallan for tri-leader positions, if they are willing to serve.  Both have been very active and helpful both in game and on the forums.

Tacie
TacieCourserrim

I agree with the nominations of Trower, Siltharan and Briallan as tri-leaders.

Jestro/Pinestro/knifesedge
Officer

I'd be happy to serve as Officer, albeit part time as I'll have commitments on my other server too. 

Pinestro

Pinestro 100 Warden

Diaspora 100 Captain

Pinhealer Approaching 100 Minstrel

and many others...
Siltharan
Officer

I appreciate and accept the nominations, Tacie and maryannr. Thanks for your support!

Briallan
Officer

I also accept nomination and very much appreciate the support from Maryannr and Tacie. I am also very happy that such an experienced and helpful player as Pinestro has stepped up to volunteer some of his (?) time as an officer.

Siltharan
Officer

I nominate Hobbelion and Ice Weasel/Krohkur as officers. Just by nature of the Coursera courses, we may be leadership-heavy in the US timezones. We'll have to decide based on nominations/volunteers in other regions as to how we'll determine the best ratio of leadership between our area and others.

Brunwing

I would be happy to serve the kin as an officer or just as a helpful member :) PST here *GMT-8* I am a long-serving officer on another server so time will be split. 

Gilhilde

I'd also, btw, be happy to serve as an officer.

Briallan
Officer

Brunwing and maryannr are both experienced players who have been very helpful to those of us that were new to LOTRO several months ago, so I'm very glad they have volunteered some of their time as well. Also, I think we now have some traction in both Europe and the Americas time zones!

Ice Weasel

I appreciate the nod from Siltharan, most assuredly. I can't really take Krohkur out of his current Kinship though, so it would be problematic.

That said, I am certainly willing to do everything I can for this kinship; I will think through some things, but I probably ought to pass on an officer position here, for the time being, at least. 

Of course, I'll still be opinionated and happy to talk about anything. 

I would also endorse Briallan, Siltharan, and Trower for leadership.  All the names I've seen put forward for officers would be fine fits, too, in my opinion.

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Siltharan
Officer

Ah, that's right! Krohkur's been so involved here that he's practically one of us. ;)

Thoronmir/Dinenthor

Hello fellow Courserrim.

I've been out of town for work the past month and haven't had much time to play.  I'll monitor the website and will be around in-game now.  So once a new leader is chosen, just let me know and I'll transfer leadership accordingly.

~Dinenthor/Alagthor/Eowirth

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Kin Policy and Charter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum