Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbelion

re: Rock Concert Discussion

Thought we should create a new post for the Rock Concert discussion. In the previous thread, I thanked Bri for his feedback on my song, Pride. I did consider swapping flute for bagpipes (although I didn't remember until I heard both versions). I guess I like going for the ethereal feel that Bri describes.

In my dropbox, I added two additional ABCs: The Police's Message in a Bottle and Gun n Roses's Sweet Child O Mine. One thing I learned from remediating Pride is that clarinet is pretty useful in being loud and distinctive so it made a good choice for Axl's opening riff. Again feedback would be welcome on both songs.

All my songs have been remediated with only six instruments since I think that is our band size no matter how many characters we get so ideas of getting songs louder will be difficult without going on the band size of six.

Briallan
Officer

Agree that it makes sense to mostly do 6-part songs for a lot of reasons -- having more people than 6 in the band would just give us flexibility .. like if someone can't make it some night, maybe someone else can. Having said that, we might standardize on a smaller number of parts for jazz, so that we could do, for example, concerts for a jazz quartet or quintet. Also, I would like to occasionally bring in one of my alts to do some 7-part songs (I have one at present). If we someday get 8, 10 or more regular band members, we could always rethink and possibly re-arrange the songs.

Will check out your new songs later today or tomorrow. It's 545 am here and I've been up all night finishing my latest art project (due today) ... this happens to me a lot :)

Briallan
Officer

re: Re: Rock Concert Discussion

Hobbelion wrote:

In the previous thread, I thanked Bri for his feedback on my song, Pride..

HER feedback, dude! :)

Siltharan
Officer

Gender confusion aside, I uploaded two Bon Jovi songs to a Rock folder in my dropbox. :)

Ice Weasel

I think six parts is a good target for most things.  I've had a couple of times when I can't get below seven, and I have a long-term project in mind where.. well, we'll need every body that can blow a horn that we can find. ;-) 

The jazz I'm finding is usually heavy on piano (naturally... one of the most common trio arrangements is piano, bass, and drums), which means that it isn't going to work well. Sometimes I can mix down to a decent lute/harp track from the piano... a lot of the time it just gets to be mush. I do have quite a few quartet pieces, though.

For Rock, I've got a few things in my dropbox folders (some may be more pop, but some are real old Rock greats, like the 3 Dog Night stuff)...

In NEW_Testing: Set Fire to the Rain, Famous Last Words,Grenade, Heart Shaped Box, Mama Told Me Not to Come, Old Apartment, Old Fashioned Love Song, One is the Lonliest Number, RockSteady.

In Working: Passage to Bangkok, Tom Sawyer.

In Pop_Rock: Final Countdown, You Can Leave Your Hat On, Right Now, (It's Raining Men is more pop, I think... and probably Novelty is a better folder for it. I play a solo version under a jumping puzzle in Rohan where people fall constantly.)

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: